Small sand bubbler crab build

Obsessed with fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Edit: I have decided to not do it because they are not meant to be in aquariums, they are wild creatures. I'm getting a hermit crab instead!

I wont send pics until Saturday. Sand bubbler crabs are not aquarium pets, meaning they can not be found in shops. How these crabs eat, they make a small burrow and surround it with sand balls they make with there claws. When the tide comes up the sand balls catch thytoplankton. The crabs then pass the sand balls through there mouth and filter out thytoplankton. I will set up the tank on Saturday, ill send pics of it. I will add the crabs in 1-4 weeks. To mimmick the tide I will make the tank have sand half water, ever day ill pour water into the tank so the water goes over the sand. Ill add thytoplankton and then let the crabs do there thing, ill leave it on high tide for an hour, ill then remove some of the water so its half sand half water again.

Last edited:

brmc1985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wont send pics until Saturday. Sand bubbler crabs are not aquarium pets, meaning they can not be found in shops. How these crabs eat, they make a small burrow and surround it with sand balls they make with there claws. When the tide comes up the sand balls catch thytoplankton. The crabs then pass the sand balls through there mouth and filter out thytoplankton. I will set up the tank on Saturday, ill send pics of it. I will add the crabs in 1-4 weeks. To mimmick the tide I will make the tank have sand half water, ever day ill pour water into the tank so the water goes over the sand. Ill add thytoplankton and then let the crabs do there thing, ill leave it on high tide for an hour, ill then remove some of the water so its half sand half water again.
Sounds very unique! Would be cool to automate a surge device that fills up really slowly and drains slowly as well so it doesn’t become a burden doing if every day.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 143 60.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 65 27.7%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 83 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 41 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 64 27.2%
Back