Small starfish?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Joined
Sep 1, 2021
Messages
20,633
Reaction score
34,651
Location
United Kingdom (England)
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 20g Red Sea Max Nano, I probably already know the answer of Brittle stars being best however I wanted to see if there are any other ideas.
Reef safe? Yes, I have mushrooms, LPS and GSP and plan for macro algae & one or two gorgonians along with a
Maturity of tank is a year old on the 12th March.
I will also have a Griessingeri goby in there which I assume is going to limit me to certain starfish anyway (Let alone tank size).

I think it’s better if I ask the experts in this area instead of just assume though!
 
I have a 20g Red Sea Max Nano, I probably already know the answer of Brittle stars being best however I wanted to see if there are any other ideas.
Reef safe? Yes, I have mushrooms, LPS and GSP and plan for macro algae & one or two gorgonians along with a
Maturity of tank is a year old on the 12th March.
I will also have a Griessingeri goby in there which I assume is going to limit me to certain starfish anyway (Let alone tank size).

I think it’s better if I ask the experts in this area instead of just assume though!
In order to assit you, pics under white lighting will be very helpful with i.d.
 
Think they're asking for what kind of starfish would do well. A serpent or brittle is your best bet. The more colorful stars (fromia, linckias, etc.) are basically impossible to keep except for in large established tanks and even then you tend to get lucky.
 
Think they're asking for what kind of starfish would do well. A serpent or brittle is your best bet. The more colorful stars (fromia, linckias, etc.) are basically impossible to keep except for in large established tanks and even then you tend to get lucky.
Thankyou! I figured that would be the case but I have a minuscule goby (0.5-0.75 inches) and I’d rather stay on the safe side so with the sound of what brittle stars and serpent stars do I think it’s best to avoid it.
 
You could always see about getting some asterina stars from someone who has them and can vouch that the ones they have are coral safe.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new