Small starfish?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 20g Red Sea Max Nano, I probably already know the answer of Brittle stars being best however I wanted to see if there are any other ideas.
Reef safe? Yes, I have mushrooms, LPS and GSP and plan for macro algae & one or two gorgonians along with a
Maturity of tank is a year old on the 12th March.
I will also have a Griessingeri goby in there which I assume is going to limit me to certain starfish anyway (Let alone tank size).

I think it’s better if I ask the experts in this area instead of just assume though!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have a 20g Red Sea Max Nano, I probably already know the answer of Brittle stars being best however I wanted to see if there are any other ideas.
Reef safe? Yes, I have mushrooms, LPS and GSP and plan for macro algae & one or two gorgonians along with a
Maturity of tank is a year old on the 12th March.
I will also have a Griessingeri goby in there which I assume is going to limit me to certain starfish anyway (Let alone tank size).

I think it’s better if I ask the experts in this area instead of just assume though!
In order to assit you, pics under white lighting will be very helpful with i.d.

Bribo12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think they're asking for what kind of starfish would do well. A serpent or brittle is your best bet. The more colorful stars (fromia, linckias, etc.) are basically impossible to keep except for in large established tanks and even then you tend to get lucky.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think they're asking for what kind of starfish would do well. A serpent or brittle is your best bet. The more colorful stars (fromia, linckias, etc.) are basically impossible to keep except for in large established tanks and even then you tend to get lucky.
Thankyou! I figured that would be the case but I have a minuscule goby (0.5-0.75 inches) and I’d rather stay on the safe side so with the sound of what brittle stars and serpent stars do I think it’s best to avoid it.

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could always see about getting some asterina stars from someone who has them and can vouch that the ones they have are coral safe.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 89 75.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back