Small wavemaker for a Biocube 16?

FusionCrayfish

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 14, 2018
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! Just wondering if anyone knew of a tiny wavemaker that would fit in a Biocube 16 with good success?
 
Look at the jebaos. They are becoming very popular here, and are quite affordable compared to the vortechs. I know when my vortech craps out, it will be replaced with one.
 
I just put a Jebao sw2 in my biocube 14, and will be purchasing another for the biocube 16. I really like it, it created a good undertow in the tank, I run on "else" mode which is a random mode, ramping up and down. It's more flow than the koralia nano 425 it replaced but not blasting sand around or anything.
 
Hey all! Just wondering if anyone knew of a tiny wavemaker that would fit in a Biocube 16 with good success?

There are a few good options the Aqami KPS, tunze 6040 are two of my favorites. I have a 6040 in my 12 gallon and a KPS in the BioCube in my office. Both work good but I am a big Tunze guy so that would be my preference. It is a bit more powerful and I love the battery back up. KPS is super small though.
 
Jebao SW2. It's about 600gpm and comes with a control box.
20171010_190859.jpg
 
I am not personally a jebao fan. I don’t want to open the whole is Jebao worth using debate but I will say that when you can get an Italian made KPS that is tiny, 1,000 gph, has a real warranty, and wifi control. I think it is more compelling than ever to go with something nicer. People used to say if the Jebao dies I will just buy another but now you may save money buying something better. Every Jebao I have bought has died in a year or less and the tunze pumps I have used have lasted up to a decade.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 17 48.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 16 45.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new