whitecorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So recently I have noticed the fleshy part on my euphelia receding and I had chalked it up to it recently splitting. But then tonight I turned on the lights after they normally go off and noticed all these small white dots that move all over it I can't see much other than a moving white oval if anyone knows what these are or wether or not I should be concerned it would help me a lot. Everything else in my tank it healthy and I haven't noticed it on my other hammer or any other lps.

here is the video

Last edited:

WheatToast

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! That is a lot of ostracods! These “pods” are algae grazers and detritivores, and appear more frequently in the freshwater hobby where they are called seed shrimp. They might be consuming dying material on the coral.
@ying yang
1657412135455.jpeg

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fast little buggers in your video

I had some similar but black in this video but got video of black ones fighting white ones or looked like it anyway lol
First seen these black ones come in on a lobo

Not great video but couple of times can see black bug fighting lighter bug,at first just seen the blacker ones around lobo and on Rocks and didn't seem harm anything but then annihilated my sps here unless different kind idk.
But got least 2 kind of definate ostracods which mainly just see in sandbed so as in sandbed that's cool as what I learnt is usually ( not always ) where we find bugs is usually what they eat

Last edited:

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious what's all that whitish fluffy stuff in video that see just before zoom in on euphilia? Some kind of algae?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 28 17.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 105 67.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.2%
Back