Small White Worms on mushroom coral?

anonreefer

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 25, 2025
Messages
9
Reaction score
1
Location
Singapore
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this blue mushroom looking coral from someone while I bought a second hand rodi unit from them, on it are these little <1mm and maybe less than 2cm long thick white worms. Thought it could have been brittles at first but most definitely not the case. friend or foe? Should I get rid of them and how, should I dip them and with what to kill/rid them? They look like such an eyesore though.


Screenshot 2025-09-26 at 1.32.00 AM.png
Screenshot 2025-09-26 at 1.32.47 AM.png Screenshot 2025-09-26 at 1.33.17 AM.png
 
It appears to be a spaghetti worm. You can also see the sand tubes they form under the large mushroom polyp.

Let me get some others in here as well.

@ReefSquad
@vetteguy53081
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new