Smart buddie booster pump and float valves question

sogdog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a little confused reading the instructions, specifically on if I need an auto shut off for the line going to the containers with the product water. Second, I use two containers, one exclusively for freshwater, and another I mix salt water in for water changes on my reef (I have other tanks and do not want to cross contaminate if possible). Can I run a T fitting, going to float valves on each container? Would this fill up both, then one if a single valve is closed? And if both valves are closed, would this send the water to the waste line so it doesn’t flood my garage?

Looking this all up because I got distracted with Valentine’s Day and left the water running. I got lucky and only two gallons landed on concrete, but I don’t want to risk it happening again.

MarineandReef Jaron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 smart buddies. One in the office and one at home. My RO system at home feeds an ice maker, ATO container and mixing container. No ASO is needed the booster does it all. As soon as the floats drop the pump detects the pressure loss and turns on and then automatically turns off once the float rises and the pressure peaks.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 smart buddies. One in the office and one at home. My RO system at home feeds an ice maker, ATO container and mixing container. No ASO is needed the booster does it all. As soon as the floats drop the pump detects the pressure loss and turns on and then automatically turns off once the float rises and the pressure peaks.
This is exactly how mine is. System is in the basement with a tee before the di for drinking water and ice maker and another tee after di going to ato storage and mixing container both of which have float valves. No auto shut off needed.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 88 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back