Smart plug power bar with email notifications

FlyPenFly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a smart aqua
I’m thinking even outside of a power outage. Would be nice to know, for example, if a heater is starting to draw current outside of its spec. Then you could take action preemptively. Apex and Profilux already support this, but I run Reef Angel, which doesn’t. Was hoping to find something to supplement this.

For that, I use a Smart Aqua set of tiny sensors for that. They have one for water level too high (I put in the overflow to prevent floods). They have one for overheat conditions that I have hooked up to a heater. You can also use an Inkbird controller (useful for heat protection and fan activation.)

I have been reluctant to get back in the Apex systems I use to run because of how unreliable the cloud service / firmware update has been. I ended up spending more hours trying to fix things after a FW wipe and nearly crashing my tank when using those systems.

sbidny

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a smart aqua

For that, I use a Smart Aqua set of tiny sensors for that. They have one for water level too high (I put in the overflow to prevent floods). They have one for overheat conditions that I have hooked up to a heater. You can also use an Inkbird controller (useful for heat protection and fan activation.)

I have been reluctant to get back in the Apex systems I use to run because of how unreliable the cloud service / firmware update has been. I ended up spending more hours trying to fix things after a FW wipe and nearly crashing my tank when using those systems.

Yeah. The Reef Angel does a sufficient job with controlling the heaters for temperature, but I’m thinking more along the lines of knowing when a heater or pump is no longer operating optimally. For instance, if a pump needs cleaning, if may begin to draw current differently than when it’s clean.

Bent17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same boat here - Just got the Kasa power bar and tried looking for notifications when the schedule goes on and off but cant seem to find..

Bent17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it came in today and set up took less than 5 minutes including programming timers.
IMG_1549.JPG

I had to get some extension plugs and a three way adapter because I have more pieces of equipment than outlets. I may be getting a second one if this works as well as it appears to be.

For now I grouped a couple things that remain on such as heater and power heads.
IMG_1550.JPG

A cool feature is the app interface. Very easy and intuitive. A nice thing is you can manually turn on/off the outlets such as the return pump and then set a timer to countdown and then turn it back on/off. Sort of making a feeding mode.
IMG_1551.JPG
I set up mine with schedules instead of how you did yours. How does it differe from an on/off schedule?
Also I noticed that when I go to run time to see how long the plug was on for its off by 2 minutes. So if I scheduled it for 4 mins to stay on when I go see runtime for that plug it shows me a total of 7 mins

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 74 34.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 57 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 31.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.8%
Back