Smat farms led from Amazon

LoneWolfReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also—Is there a way to set a preset that’s only blue channels? Or do I have to go in and adjust all the channels individually when I want to only turn on the blues?

LoneWolfReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also—Is there a way to set a preset that’s only blue channels? Or do I have to go in and adjust all the channels individually when I want to only turn on the blues?
I figured it out. I set the “constant” mode to blue only. Now all I have to do is hit 6 on the remote to switch to this mode.

I apologize for posting 3 times in a row. I wasn’t able to go in and edit the previous posts.

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No worries on the multiple posts :)

As for the metal, I haven’t done ICP testing but the metal is coated, I’d like to think it should be safe. I know my NiCrew mount I’ve had in the water with no visible ill effects and it looks to be very similar if not the same as the smatfarm.

1stPhantom

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s my par reading using the apogee MQ-510. This is a softie/LPS tank with dimensions of 36x20x20 inches running both blues at 75%, UV at 60% and both whites at 1% mounted at the max height with the included mount. Sometimes I turn off the whites to get the more blue look making corals color pop. All corals are happy. To my surprise they included the remote control, I’ve emailed smatfarm about it and they said because so many ppl complain no remote they give bad rating, they decide to include it again as a “gift.” IMO the remote control is useless, way easier to use the built in control. All in all I love this light.
8B94E5BB-18C0-4313-AB7D-F286A0A2878D.jpeg
Hey question for you if you remember how far was the light from the sand bed

jor8888

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how to start the timer? after putting in the timer in mode setting I went to mode select and select self defined and left it there but it didnt start it?

HTFAMILY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered 2 and they sent me a V2 and a V3. I see on the V3 that you can now control the moonlight time. The good thing is with the V3 being the master, it allows the V2 to have a timed moonlight phase vs the all night that it used to have. One had the old mount, the other new. Contacted them and they sent me a newer mount to match. When both have high whites, I notice a more slightly yellow tint on one, not both, of the V3 lights. Still think I might send the V2 back to get 2 V3 just in case Im missing something with the upgrade.

Anyone else notice any other differences in the two versions?
Hi I have two version one is 3 and the other 2 is v1 but cannot get to set master and slave for all 3 together do you know how can I do that thanks

jsfd26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys,
Just got these lights for my Biocube and I may have a few questions.

First I just want to ask, do you guys just run the same channel percentages for sunlight AND moonlight?

ScottJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys,
Just got these lights for my Biocube and I may have a few questions.

First I just want to ask, do you guys just run the same channel percentages for sunlight AND moonlight?
I just have moonlight set at like 10% blue. It's after sunset, right before lights out. I think if you turn "Moonlight" ON in the settings, it runs a blue really low all night. I never tried it, though.

Bpones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really hate the amount of blue on every channel and the disco effect. The shimmer is Way too much for me personally. Even mid day the shimmer is all over the ceiling in my house. But that’s personal preference I guess.

Attachments

• IMG_9269.jpeg
    IMG_9269.jpeg
    104.1 KB · Views: 22

jsfd26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just have moonlight set at like 10% blue. It's after sunset, right before lights out. I think if you turn "Moonlight" ON in the settings, it runs a blue really low all night. I never tried it, though.
I’m going to take a better look at it tomorrow and see if I can figure it out. I was kinda rushing today when I was setting it up.

Tomorrow I’ll have more time to sit down and experiment with it.

Thank you!

Jloreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brand new to the saltwater community. I have 2 of these over my 65 gallon reef tank. what percentages did you finally decide to set your channels? Any info is greatly appreciated!
Same on this end with a 65g mix reef as well and two of these lights above tank. Did you get things dialed in? I could not get my lights to change on the timer until I set the clock five hours ahead on the actual time which is annoying.

jsfd26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you guys using the light with the extension post screwed on or just the one with the light on it?

I have a 29g mixed Biocube

Attachments

• 1233B1BE-D92E-4955-8B4B-F40DBB934895.jpeg
    1233B1BE-D92E-4955-8B4B-F40DBB934895.jpeg
    58.5 KB · Views: 7

jsfd26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how to start the timer? after putting in the timer in mode setting I went to mode select and select self defined and left it there but it didnt start it?
Once you set your times I believe you have to go into Mode Select and select the mode. I THINK and don’t quote me on it but I think you have to do this every time you re-do your settings.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 66 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.9%
Back