Smat farms led from Amazon

EJReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Any body tried this light? Mine just arrived and everything other than the Mount seems fine. Wondering what the ideal settings for a 29 gallon cube would be.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
If you ask me, it's the same thing as the K7 pro II just with a build in controller. The mount even looks the same.

I am super tempted to buy them because I wish I would never have sold my noops and now they don't make the K7 pro II anymore.

dedragon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
i think these are the lights in question

dedragon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
back on amazon someone test these please, 95w (apparently) for sub 100 light with tank mount sounds great especially for those starting with a lower budget

dedragon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Red Sox Boston GIF by ADWEEK
lol, true

telegraham

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Any body tried this light? Mine just arrived and everything other than the Mount seems fine. Wondering what the ideal settings for a 29 gallon cube would be.

I'd expect it to light a 29 cube well.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Just a typically direct reply. I apologize. Not the same, but similar. Different lenses. The Smat's are dimpled. Similar form factor, and a great Noop V2 substitute.

The photo didn't show dimpled that's pretty cool. One question: are they easier to control?

AS
OP
E

EJReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I found mine quite easy to control after I read the instructions, but it doesn’t have as much controllability as some other lights, just how long the light is on, and the power for each spectrum at night and during the day. It ramps up and down automatically.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I found mine quite easy to control after I read the instructions, but it doesn’t have as much controllability as some other lights, just how long the light is on, and the power for each spectrum at night and during the day. It ramps up and down automatically.

That actually appeals to me. I think many things in the industry have way too much control and too many bells and whistles we really don't need.

OP
E

EJReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I like it too, though I did fiddle with the seven different channels for quite a while. It’s been set up for a couple of months, and all the coral are growing, and doing fine. This is a great light for just over a hundred dollars.

telegraham

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I agree. Easy enough for a set and forget.

Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock
AAF