0   0   0
JF Favia.jpg

CoralNerd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That ReefDudes video on biodiversity was interesting. I'm thinking about getting live mud and live sand activator from Indo-Pacific Sea Farms.

OP
OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, you definitely need a bigger tank!
I've been lucky so far, the one's that have made contact are just dying at that area and not RTN/STN. Hopefully I'll get that email with build pictures soon! I got one last week that they found a flaw in my glass and had to order a new panel. Glad they are catching that stuff!

OP
OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That ReefDudes video on biodiversity was interesting. I'm thinking about getting live mud and live sand activator from Indo-Pacific Sea Farms.
I've gotta watch that. It sounds very interesting and makes sense our tanks are being deprived now that we are all starting so sterile.

On the next system I a seriously considering a large dedicated cryptic zone under the tank, it would be great to be able to add some diversity in there.

OP
OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been growing this since 2018. Scored it in the $25 dollar bin at my LFS. It was completely browned out but looked like it might be a smooth skin so I picked it up. This piece looks a lot like RRC Shazam to me. It has red polyps burried in the base under heavy blues.
Kablowee side.jpg
Kablowee top down.jpg

End of 2018 it started to show some potential
DSC_0074.jpg

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m glad those pieces are doing well for you. Both look great! My confetti might be the next victim of the pathogen that’s going around in my tank. Hopefully I have time this weekend to help it out?

OP
OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you taking your pics? Camera or phone? What lighting at time of pic?
I took these with my Nikon D80 with 18-55 lens. Top downs I'm using Avast porthole. These were shot under the 14k 250w hamilton lamps and XHO blue strips on. My camera's kelvin setting goes up to 9900, which is close enough to not have to edit the picture a whole lot. I just remove a little blue to clear up that tint the water can still have.

OP
OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m glad those pieces are doing well for you. Both look great! My confetti might be the next victim of the pathogen that’s going around in my tank. Hopefully I have time this weekend to help it out?
Ah man, I'm sorry to hear that! Hopefully you can figure out that confetti, that is a tank goal piece for me! You've pulled perfect coloration and structure from that piece.

I really like that magenta millepora, so dang cool. Worst case scenario you got back ups of both over here bud!

Fishinabarrel

sCiEncE wILl Win
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took these with my Nikon D80 with 18-55 lens. Top downs I'm using Avast porthole. These were shot under the 14k 250w hamilton lamps and XHO blue strips on. My camera's kelvin setting goes up to 9900, which is close enough to not have to edit the picture a whole lot. I just remove a little blue to clear up that tint the water can still have.
That was the answer I was looking for, thanks! Very helpful.

OP
OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My newest additions:
Garf Bonzai - Since going back to halide this piece has been on my mind. I've been holding out until I see a really nice one. My LFS got a huge colony from a tank break down. The picture doesn't do it any justice, this thing was so bright. A blue/purple base and those neon polyps.
bonzai.jpg

I also go this piece. A roll of the dice for sure. The LFS had this piece of tenuis that had a individually different colored polyps on it. He cut himself a backup frag and a baller walked in and bought the colony for 4k. The backup looked lost but I noticed this one last time I was in there. I'm pretty sure it is that same piece. Partially STN'd I took the gamble and picked it up for $40. We'll see what it turns into:
new tenuis .jpg

Back