SmyrnaReefers 180 Build Thread

That's really neat you don't see any change in temps. I may have to try this one day. :)

Thanks for the reply.

Brandon
 
Not my garage..... I'm lucky that my house faces north. The only time it gets direct sun us in the morning and that is shaded by trees
 
I was just giving Jay crap... Bump the sump might make some waves though. New concept to wavemaker... lol
 
Pic of the fish room from the outside. notice that it also acts as a storage unit with 2 shelf levels. the lower one just happens to be perfect to store golf clubs. dont pay attention the the frag swap grand raffle prizes in the picture....

B3DCBF05-A1FE-4C27-8C48-3925E84214C4-1113-0000006D1EEB54DC.jpg
 
Finished the plumbing of the sump tonight...

264F7C06-2411-4B45-A5D3-3335E607D0A5-1113-0000006D13EBF0A1.jpg


Also added a cabinet that will hold my two part supply and dosing pumps. it holds 2 brs space saver jugs perfectly. possibly a few other things

5152F9BE-53E0-4710-9292-7B378A4ACB39-1113-0000006D192151D6.jpg
 
I added the finishing touch to teh stand tonight also

Left side:

90543011-0ADC-4539-A75B-30D66E018CD8-1113-0000006D0BCF7B18.jpg


Right Side:

CA78716E-7E03-42FE-B490-2E91CA0B863B-1113-0000006D06E4C297.jpg
 
Those counter tops look awesome. Need to come over and see if I can knock them off :tongue: See if they are child proof or not. I see the door that I took off is still not on... HaHa
 
i think the plumbing is done. currently making water and gonna be rinsing sand after dinner.
D314BE15-C214-410E-AEF1-0ABD47FFA156-166-00000007F32B76AF.jpg
 
Those tops really make that stand. Having seen this in person, I am really impressed with your skills.
You could make $$ doing this.

not sure you could pay me enough to do this again :) but thank you!
 
Rinsing sand is no fun :sad:

DF820463-1209-4D0C-9DE7-79E46FFD51C1-466-00000024BF571457.jpg


78CC463F-992D-49EF-8924-45113B461657-466-00000024C7325590.jpg


785C8DF3-FC35-4287-BF02-EC2657EAF8FF-466-00000024CBC1330D.jpg

When I set my tank up I thought about sand blowing everywhere. I used crushed coral with that thought in mind.
Knowing a little more now (dont laff), I wish I had used sand. I really love some of the Goby's and thats off the fish wish list now. :-(
 
Looking real good, that stand is very nice. yeah rinsing sand is no fun at all just got done doing that myself recently.
 
thanks..

starting to add water. i rinsed that sand a lot too. and i ran out of water, hopefully i can get it moving tomorrow...

34D8EDF0-7A18-4420-91DB-0AEEF851A756-1518-000000B28E754821.jpg


D70E1E2C-F816-40E8-84A6-28D26FAA53A3-1518-000000B298231F97.jpg


78217623-D4D1-4DFA-B650-9C0015C6F65F-1518-000000B293B8FD9F.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new