SmyrnaReefers 180 Build Thread

Do you have any pics of the sump area? I'm getting ready to do a 180 and looking for some ideas. Your tank looks great. It's getting me excited to start mine.
 
Here's a few pics of the sump area

ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1377138224.372268.jpg


ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1377138263.688408.jpg


ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1377138273.137753.jpg
 
its only been months since I last posted but here is a full tank shot I took tonight. things are starting to come along.

112445d1387159471-mtrc-full-tank-shots-imageuploadedbyreef2reef1387159471.877143.jpg
 
Also got a new skimmer SRO XP5000ext. Gonna move it into the sump next week. Kind of blocks the frag tank. this was day 1 so no bubbles yet. been running for 2 weeks. still breaking in but its starting to do its job.

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1387159941.583861.jpg
 
Last edited:
Great build and a great looking set up.

I did notice however, you installed your bath fan sideways in the wall. Or at least the picture gave me that impression. Unless it is specifically designed for the wall it will probably burn out the motor in a year or so. Unfortunately I had to learn that the hard way on a build for a friend. After the second one burned out in just over two years I believed the warning on the box. If your does burn out. You know why.
 
Thanks! it is mounted sideways so that's good info. fortunately im not running it that much at the moment :)
 
For some reason the humidity on my friends tank room ran high so the fan ran a lot. Almost 24/7. If your's isn't running often it may last years. I'll look forward to seeing your tank mature as the years go by.
 
so far so good. im getting good colors and some decent growth. im running them at 65% blues and colors and have the few whites that I have at 75
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new