Snail Died Now Skimmer Won't Stop

Gabriel Suarez

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2018
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was given a snail, and I put it in my 10-gallon Nuvo, it soon died and I figured because I kinda forgot he was there and the tank filled with this slime. I drained the tank and now refilled it with new salt water, a rock and some filter media. The issue is the goo is like still there, even after I dumped and cleaned the tank, the skimmer is skimming it out and by the end of the day it's more gel than liquid in the skimmer cup, the tank has a foggy look and I thought, Oh good it's cycling, it's been cloudy for 2 weeks now. I don't think that is a normal algae bloom. Any help? do I need to start again? Do I need a new tank?
 
I would test for ammonia and nitrites and nitrates.
Nope you do not need a new tank. Tank is 2 weeks old?
Are you using the socks for mechanical filtration?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new