Snail eggs.

So I just found snail eggs on n my glass. Has anyone had them hatch? I have a copperband so I doubt they will for me. Just curious.
Usually the Cerith eggs get eaten. If you want baby snails, Stomatellas and Trochus do very well in captivity. My Trochus just spawned again today... All day.
 
Usually the Cerith eggs get eaten. If you want baby snails, Stomatellas and Trochus do very well in captivity. My Trochus just spawned again today... All day.
I have stomatellas in my reef, a few are pretty good sized. Fingers crossed, that is what these are.
 
I have stomatellas in my reef, a few are pretty good sized. Fingers crossed, that is what these are.
I've never seen Stomatella eggs so I wouldn't be able to ID them. I always just find baby Stomatellas. Trochus broadcast spawn semen and eggs into the water column and I think they have a larval stage...

What do the eggs look like?
 
587f36a122c609ed3d917bfb70021b8a.jpg
 
Interesting... Those don't look like Cerith snail eggs. Are you sure it's not sand? Sometimes worms will drag sand up the glass and make a temporary sand tube.
 
Interesting... Those don't look like Cerith snail eggs. Are you sure it's not sand? Sometimes worms will drag sand up the glass and make a temporary sand tube.
It's possible, I'll keep an eye on them and let you know
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new