Snail ID and irradication help please

clownfitch

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 29, 2013
Messages
390
Reaction score
28
Location
Fishing
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read about these snails a few months ago on here but am unable to find the thread nor remember what they are called. I am however blessed with an infestation that I need help with. You cannot see there bodies only the multiple strands of thread like feeder tentacles that protrude out up to an inch from the snails center. I have some of them in my sand bed as well as in crevices of my rock work. This particular habitat is a 29 gallon biocube that houses soft corals, 2 clowns, 1 strawberry pseudo, 1 lawnmower blenny, 1 yellow tail damsel, and one cleaner shrimp. Hermits and snails as well of course. I prefer to treat/ address issues in as natural of manner as possible and figure that there must be a natural predator of these creatures such as perhaps an arrow crab, particular type of coral safe wrasse, particular type of snail or even a particular type of hermit crab? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new