Snail id plz

  • Thread starter Thread starter Albz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Albz

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 13, 2016
Messages
438
Reaction score
140
Location
Toronto canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kinda snail is this? I don't know if its a bubblebee, i found it in my reef tank.

IMG-20210621-WA0001.jpg
 
I'm going to guess he's a whelk based on the shape of the shell. Not sure if it's reef safe though.
 
Try taking more pictures. A single picture from far away makes it really hard to ID. Get a picture of the foot if possible and different angles of the shell maybe?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new