Snail id

  • Thread starter Thread starter Llorgon
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Llorgon

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 10, 2018
Messages
757
Reaction score
293
Location
Kelowna, BC
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was sold to me as a turbo, but seems to be carnivorous. I'm not 100% on if it's killing the other snails, but I see it eating them along with the nassarius.

Although today it was attached to one of my nassarius and when I pulled them apart, the nassarius was still alive and went on its way.

This guy may be the reason I can't seem to keep snails alive in my tank.

PXL_20210425_233451579.jpg PXL_20210425_233502476.jpg PXL_20210425_233515554.jpg
 
Looks more like a conch of some sort to me.
 
Some sorta whelk snail
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new