Snail Pest

newbiefishgrl

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 26, 2023
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
San diego
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw a bunch of these egg-like fellas wiggling on the top part of my cerith snail.

I just treated it like it was an invasive parasite; they easily came off the snail when I isolated it and blew some water over it.

But I’m curious, what were these critters?

IMG_2111.jpeg IMG_2112.jpeg
 
Hmmm... could be poop? Snails have weird digestion tracks. And lots poop on their heads lol
 
!!! That would be hilarious--I was essentially a bidet for it then hahah
I asked because I thought I saw one move around and then go back to the cluster on top of the snail's shell.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new