snail poop

saixiong08

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 28, 2013
Messages
162
Reaction score
41
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased one snail for my 5 gallon tank. It's doing great removing all the algae, but is leaving a lot of poop. Is this benefit for my tank in any way? Will it harm my tank?
 
Everything has some degree of waste, don't worry about it. Livestock poop feeds your coral. If you have too many snails, then you may have an issue; they'll starve out and die, creating a nutrient source in your system if not removed.
 
I never worried about this because if there were and big chunks my hermit crabs always cleaned it up.
 
Yup nothing to worry about!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new