Snails attached to clam

jetson

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 22, 2025
Messages
17
Reaction score
3
Location
Wichita
What state or country do you live in
Kansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am moving some of my rock work around, and need to move my Deresa in the process. I didn’t realize until I picked it up but there are three snails attached to its base. I don’t want to injure the clam by yanking them off, but not sure that this is safe for the clam for them to be there anyway.
Is it safe for the clam to just pull them off, or is what is the safest way to proceed?

image.jpg
 
Mine will grab onto small rocks and shells/snails and hold on to them. I’m guessing that’s what’s going on here.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new