Snails in a rimless aquarium

  • Thread starter Thread starter Briko03
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Briko03

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 31, 2014
Messages
125
Reaction score
5
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else have a issues with snails escaping the aquarium and snailing onto the outside of the aquarium / stand? I found a few snails on the front of my stand and outside of my tank this morning. I obviously popped them all back into the tank, is there any thoughts on how I can keep these critters in the tank?
 
the only snails i ever had leave the tank like that were nerite snails as they are a tidal snail. what kind of snails are you having the issue with?
 
I can't say I have had this problem. On my rimless I do have a mesh screen as a cover to keep fish from jumping so it may also be keeping the snails in.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1426169261.294657.jpg
 
the only snails i ever had leave the tank like that were nerite snails as they are a tidal snail. what kind of snails are you having the issue with?

+1, My trochus don't wonder out, but those netrite I had to give away.
 
Yes, Nerites. Mine decided to polish the wood floor one morning.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new