Sneak Peek! ArtFully Acrylic Drop Off - Reef Crest AIO!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is any more bigger sizes coming? This is sick custom tank but i want more bigger. Lol. And whats the best stand for this?

The three sizes shown are the only current production sizes for the Reef Crest AIO. However, we do build custom setups to order and spec as well so we can make you a bigger one if you want. Just shoot us a PM or send a quote request through our website at www.artfullyacrylic.com. The Reef Crest AIO Series is being offered on a full production level. With the costs of design, toolpathing, jigging and assembly dispersed across the series we are able to keep the costs of the line very attractive for the masses. So custom commissioned larger drop offs will certainly demand a bigger premium bearing these costs wholly on their own, but it allows us to make and design stunning custom aquatic exhibits to fit your desires to a T.

The tanks in the Reef Crest Series are all designed to sit on any flat standard surface that will support it's weight as opposed to a Reef Ready dropoff which requires a custom stand be commissioned at the same time to properly fit and support. We have stand designs in the works for the line as well. They will begin with the larger standard Reef Crest model as it's the model most likely to have a stand requested to accompany it. In the interim, there are many stands on market that will support the Series just fine and of course we can always custom build a stand to your taste to match your own ArtFully Acrylic Reef Crest AIO =)

This tank reminds me of the Smithsonian display tank Walter Adey has in Washington DC

We take that as a compliment so thank you!!

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once you get 4 or 5 powerheads stuck to the sides it'll look awesome!

LOL that would be pretty odd looking ;). The whole series is designed with a powerful return pump system. The 9 and 17 gal systems have adjustable flow control pumps that feed up to 317gph to the system. The 35 gal system has a pair of pumps that will feed up to 634gph to the system. Most systems stocked with softies and/or LPS will not likely need any additional powerheads. For those that opt to not order the optional drawer, you can even quite elegantly attach an MP10 to the center of the drop wall with the dryside hiding in the back. A little clever rockscaping and you can even hide the wetside quite well. Powerheads with cords can be routed along the bottom of sandbed and out through the cord slots located in top corners of the false wall.

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife was the first one to say "we're buying that". I think that means you've succeeded in making an awesome tank!

You know something....when it comes from a "non hobbyist" spouse....that is one of the best compliments an aquarium designer can get =). We like to incite a level of style and class into our systems. This is why we are ArtFully Acrylic ;)

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most systems stocked with softies and/or LPS will not likely need any additional powerheads. For those that opt to not order the optional drawer, you can even quite elegantly attach an MP10 to the center of the drop wall with the dryside hiding in the back. A little clever rockscaping and you can even hide the wetside quite well. Powerheads with cords can be routed along the bottom of sandbed and out through the cord slots located in top corners of the false wall.

What I would like to see is a Wavebox built into a AIO so that you could get the powerhead out of the tank an into the back wall of the AIO You could even come up with a set of slots and and output hole to install a Ecotech wet side into a wall where you would not even see it in the tank.

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PRE-ORDER IS LIVE!!!

Go to www.artfullyacrylic.com to order NOW!! Please let us know if you have any issues with the site ordering.

We have tested the system so it should work fine, but any questions or issues can be handled quickly over the phone by calling (202) 670-TANK.

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey is it possible to customize one of these tanks? I want to use it as a dart frog tank not a reef... @Incredible Corals @ArtFully Acrylic

Hey Ryan, good question. Custom fabrication is our forte! We can modify the design for your needs. Will just cost more comparably since we can't dilute design/toolpathing costs across a mass production level as we are with the whole series.

Feel free to shoot me a PM or submit a request on our website with more details on what you are looking for and we can get you a quote.

jan4scuba

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. Did you have any specific brand equipment in mind when designing the tank? I guess what I would want to know is what brand of skimmers, heaters, UV , media baskets and pumps would fit in the best. I'm sure everyone will want to make it as sleek looking as possible.

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. Did you have any specific brand equipment in mind when designing the tank? I guess what I would want to know is what brand of skimmers, heaters, UV , media baskets and pumps would fit in the best. I'm sure everyone will want to make it as sleek looking as possible.

Hi Jan, great questions. Our Signature Series and Reef Crest Series systems were both designed to provide more flexibility in size for equipment in the back than you will generally find with all AIO options currently available on market. For this reason, the strong majority of equipment designed for the existing AIO options base will fit our systems generally with room to spare.

We have full detailed dimensions of the rear chambers up on the launch thread here for best guidance..https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/reef-crest-dropoff-aio-series-officially-launched.224553/

But to get you started a bit...

The Reef Crest 9 will work with the Tunze 9001 and the Ghost skimmer from IM Auqa Gadgets. To use a case example here...even the IM Midsize Ghost skimmer...rated for 40gal system...will fit with room to spare in the back of the Reef Crest 9. Naturally the desktop version of the Ghost Skimmer has space in spades =). There are certainly other skimmers that will work, but these should at least get you started.

The Reef Crest 17 will work with the Tunze 9004 and the Ghost Skimmer desktop or midsize as well.

Heaters, see the link for the rear chamber dimensions and the associated water level measurements. Plenty of heaters will fit on the return side chamber as intended.

UV we haven't looked into so I can't comment on that one.

Media baskets, there certainly may be some on market that will work with the dimensions given. However, we have not looked into this as we have our own line of accessories for these systems and media baskets will be added to the offerings in the near future.

Pumps...all systems INCLUDE the return pump(s) and associated plumbing all set up already for you. Even the Reef Crest 9 is currently outfitted with a pump putting out over 300gph at full volume. I can't imagine anyone wanting to put a bigger pump in there, but there are certainly smaller options that will fit if someone wanted to tone it down even further. Do keep in mind that the pumps used do have ability to adjust their input volume thereby have adjustable flow rate so can be turned down to a degree as-is if desired.

I hope I have answered your questions reasonably. Let us know if you have any others!

jan4scuba

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much for the quick answers. Somewhere along the line I must have missed that you are providing some of the necessary equipment as well. Either I was too excited about being able to get a Drop-off tank or I'm too new at this (having SW fish only or planted tanks) to have realized it. It would be nice to have a complete listing of what comes with it and what you will be making available at the same time. I hope that's not asking too much.

Also since these could be desktop tanks without individual stands, can we get an approximate weight of each model? SW weighs (give or take) about 9 lbs per gallon and if you add 50 lbs of LR and equipment you're at about 375 pounds. It would be nice to know the weight of the tank itself to know the places we are thinking of placing them can withstand the weight. Thanks again for the cooperation.
Regards,
Jan

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much for the quick answers. Somewhere along the line I must have missed that you are providing some of the necessary equipment as well. Either I was too excited about being able to get a Drop-off tank or I'm too new at this (having SW fish only or planted tanks) to have realized it. It would be nice to have a complete listing of what comes with it and what you will be making available at the same time. I hope that's not asking too much.

Also since these could be desktop tanks without individual stands, can we get an approximate weight of each model? SW weighs (give or take) about 9 lbs per gallon and if you add 50 lbs of LR and equipment you're at about 375 pounds. It would be nice to know the weight of the tank itself to know the places we are thinking of placing them can withstand the weight. Thanks again for the cooperation.
Regards,
Jan

Our pleasure Jan! We had intended more of the details to be "polished" at launch and slowly added following the sneak peak. However, when we dropped the sneak peak we had a number of people banging at the doors to order....and to order NOW lol. So upon request we launched the pre-order a bit early though details were still coming and all the little bits weren't tied up. Our team is working on the website updates in the background. More details should be fleshed up in the descriptions later on this evening.

But there is ZERO wrong with being excited to get a Drop-off tank!! Custom drop-offs are notoriously expensive. They are quite the feat of engineering, number crunching, triple checking, and so on to build I assure you ;). We are simply excited to finally have the Reef Crest AIO be the go to option for drop-off tanks that are accessible to the masses and not so far out of reach =).

All Reef Crest systems include the tank, return pump(s), and associated plumbing (i.e. return nozzle, bulkhead, connecting hose) all pre-plumbed and ready for you. The Reef Crest 9 and 17 gal both have a single pump and operate at up to 317gph. The Reef Crest 35 will have dual pumps so will have flow rates in excess of 600gph.

The drawer and the clear mesh lids are optional and are available at time of check-out. Buying them along with your Reef Crest AIO will save you money as they are all discounted when packaged AND you save on shipping =).

Just as you are, we are also very excited to be able to provide these drop-off systems in a way that doesn't require a "special" stand to accommodate them. I've listed below the associated tank weights in addition to the Drawer and lid options.

Shipping Weights:
RC9-18lbs
RC17-32lbs
RC35-70lbs

Drawers:
RC9- $59.99
RC17-$69.99
RC35-$89.99

Lids:
RC9- $49.99
RC17-$64.99
RC35-$84.99

Last edited:

spacetime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious to see what you find challenging about the dimensions? Always like to hear new and varied views.

I feel like the lower half is too small. However, I do admit readily after seeing photos of the tank with rocks in it it doesn't look as drastic as I thought. I just would like to see a deeper lower area which would support more "negative space" tanks.

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like the lower half is too small. However, I do admit readily after seeing photos of the tank with rocks in it it doesn't look as drastic as I thought. I just would like to see a deeper lower area which would support more "negative space" tanks.

Hey Spacetime! Thanks for taking the time to reply after now seeing the system fully setup. It certainly is deceptive when dry. Typical comments we have received about the system, now live in our store, say that it is much more spacious and easier to aquascape than they expected it to be.

We get you on wanting a deeper "drop". The 3 models now available for Pre-Order are just our initial offerings for the Reef Crest Series. We have quite a few exciting projects lined up for this year!!

Also worth mentioning, we offer custom builds. We can build your custom dropoff with the perfect level ratio to suit your desires. We can even maintain the AIO setup and visual appeal of the Reef Crest Series in the deeper design if you like. Just shoot us a PM or a quote request on our website at www.artfullyacrylic.com if you want to pursue custom.

jan4scuba

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

Can you let me know when the picture of the 35 gallon reef crest will be posted? How long will the presale prices last? Last question; when will first deliveries start happening?

Thanks
Jan

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

Can you let me know when the picture of the 35 gallon reef crest will be posted? How long will the presale prices last? Last question; when will first deliveries start happening?

Thanks
Jan

HI Jan! Getting all the Signature Series tanks out on time for Christmas delivery surely took some time. We got quite an order flood last minute and we wanted to try to get to all the ones we could reasonably finish on time for Christmas delivery. We have two more larger custom builds we are trying to finish up before Christmas as well. Once we complete these there are only a few other small projects competing with the RC35 demo completion.

Detailed rear chamber dimensional drawings will be out on the boards by Christmas weekend. We've been through several revisions here and have finalized the dimensions. We wanted to make sure we maintained our vision across both tank Series for the rear chamber's to fit the largest potential of available equipment as possible.

Pre-Sales on the RC9 and RC17 end on 12/31/15. We will be extending the Pre-Sale on the RC35 model due to the demo model not being ready yet. The extension will be at least two weeks, but an exact date has not yet been set.

First official deliveries are expected to begin in the 3rd week of January.

Let us know if you have any other questions! Also, check out our OFFICIAL LAUNCH thread here on R2R. We are posting all new updates there first. We even just put up a new Demo Reel video a few minutes ago. Go check it out =).

spacetime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being a former RSM owner I know too well that the viability of the system can be improved immensely by including a media rack option. As the manufacturer of the tank I'm sure you could offer one at a minimal upgrade price during the order (as you do with the mesh top and drawer options) rather than have to look for an aftermarket solution.

OP
OP
VelasCorals

VelasCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being a former RSM owner I know too well that the viability of the system can be improved immensely by including a media rack option. As the manufacturer of the tank I'm sure you could offer one at a minimal upgrade price during the order (as you do with the mesh top and drawer options) rather than have to look for an aftermarket solution.

spacetime,

Thank you for the feedback. We have several accessories planned for these tanks including a media rack. However, we have found there are several on the market now that fit as if they were made for this tank already. The IM media rack fits on the RC9. Another very easy option is simply folding up or cutting Deep Blue media pads for the rear chambers.

Happy Holidays!

jan4scuba

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi again. I hope you all have a great holiday. I've asked for all gift certificates instead of presents so that when I purchase the tank I can buy all the necessities at the same time. I see you mentioned that the IM media basket fits the 9. What will be the recommended one for the 35? Will yours be available by delivery time? From the video it looks like the smaller ones may not need power heads but what about the 35? Will you test it and let us know? Also I know you mentioned the lighting somewhere, but there are so many choices and the difference in heights can make it challenging to get the right par throughout the tank.
I happen to also be notoriously bad at aquascaping and get frustrated easily when it doesn't come out right or my epoxy doesn't stick. Is there a service available that can customize my aquascaping into the vision I have in my head.

I'm sorry about all the questions, but I'm looking to make this into a high end display tank with the best of everything including high end corals.

If I've learned anything I've learned that good advice and patience is the key. That's why the questions.
Thanks again. Have a safe, healthy and successful New Year.
Regards
Jan

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like your style Jan!

It is true that the IM media basket fits the RC9 with space to spare. We don't have a recommended aftermarket basket we recommend for the RC35 though there are likely some that would fit. We are working on the designs for our media baskets and hope to have them available by delivery time, but if they are not by that time we will offer them with Free Shipping (in US) to all pre-order customer's.

The RC9 uses the same pump as the RC17 so you are correct, it won't need powerheads in most people cases. The RC35 is not expected to need them either. All of our AIO Series tanks are designed this way. The RC35 will be running on TWO of the same pumps found in the RC17 so will have quite ample flow. But of course we will test and let you know!! =).

As for the aquascaping, the awesome part about the scapes in both the RC9 and RC17 right now is that neither one has needed epoxy to hold soundly and went together pretty easily. We attribute much of this to the nice porous pocketed nature of the rock from Real Reef Rock. The only thing we did was to "notch" the bottom of the rock going on the sand lip in the RC17 so it would hold suspended over the shelf. With this said, we are happy to work with you on designing your scape for you. You can send your heads vision to me at [email protected] and we will see what we can do to get you some pricing on having it pre-made for you and shipped with your tank if you like.

As for lighting, the Reef Crest tanks are deceptive and lead you to believe that lighting them properly will be challenging. However, look at it this way....the RC35 is only 20" tall. If you envision it as a standard cube/rectangle tank the lighting works the same. The big difference here is that it's easier to get your rockwork higher up in the Reef Crest due to the shelf. Outside this, you are dealing with the same depths and par variations you deal with in any tank that is 20" tall. That said, the Reef Crest is designed to simulate a true reef environment. So, it is best to configure your livestock with your more moderate/high light corals up top and your low to moderate light stuff on the bottom (same as you would any standard tank as well).

I hope I've answered all of your questions. If not, please do reach back out and let us know!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 40.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back