Snow flake rapidly breathing

laukylac

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 24, 2026
Messages
122
Reaction score
23
Location
Mountlake terrace
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought him 2d ago from lfs. He about one year old. When I brought him home I accumulated him Abt 20-30 minute and then since then he refuse to eat and rapidly breathing not sure what wrong with him also one of my tang just have ich I found out today so is it possible that he got infected?
 
send post t
Just bought him 2d ago from lfs. He about one year old. When I brought him home I accumulated him Abt 20-30 minute and then since then he refuse to eat and rapidly breathing not sure what wrong with him also one of my tang just have ich I found out today so is it possible that he got infected?
send post to # reef squad
 
float him on the bag for 20 min then poke a hole and put water slowly and release. my nitrate is 40-80
Inadequate acclimation as you want to equalize salinity and PH and Nitrate quite high. You want 20-25 tops for eel
 
What should have the OP done to adequately acclimate the snowflake eel?
He poked holes in the bag and an indicator that bag water may have entered the tank
In addition, water should have been equalized with salinity at minimum
 
Just bought him 2d ago from lfs. He about one year old. When I brought him home I accumulated him Abt 20-30 minute and then since then he refuse to eat and rapidly breathing not sure what wrong with him also one of my tang just have ich I found out today so is it possible that he got infected?

Also, you might want to add extra aeration to the tank to try and help the eel’s respiration while you sort this out…..
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new