Snowflake Clowns have eggs I need advice

amigo003

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

This is my first time having to deal with Snowflake clowns with eggs. I just recently saw them and the male is fanning them, the female checks on them often.

If and when they hatch, what should I do? In this tank I have a 1 Chromis, 1 bangi cardinal, 1 fire gobby, 1 chocolate chip star, 1 emerald crab.

Do I leave them in the tank? What should I feed them?

Thanks for the help!

80993A08-F2E2-46B1-9E7D-791B9361C824.jpeg 4A7D8F21-69A1-4619-B7D2-DD2F0B9D0582.jpeg

Jason boles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey friend!!! I just got a pair I intend on breeding.

I would suggest a google search. There are several well documented cases that show how to raise the babies.

Unfortunately without great luck and chance you would need to setup a special tank for them.

Happy reading!! It looks difficult but rewarding to me.

JayM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless you’re REALLY wanting to dedicate some time and money, you’re better off just leaving them alone. They’ll end up as food for your current inhabitants.

OP
OP
A

amigo003

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless you’re REALLY wanting to dedicate some time and money, you’re better off just leaving them alone. They’ll end up as food for your current inhabitants.
It’s sad to think of them as such. Hopefully they will fair well. I may have to take out the Chromis. They look cool but they are jerks of a fish. I’m sure he’s the reason the fire goby stays hidden.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s sad to think of them as such. Hopefully they will fair well. I may have to take out the Chromis. They look cool but they are jerks of a fish. I’m sure he’s the reason the fire goby stays hidden.
If you want to keep them it will be a lot of work and you will have to set up a seperate tank or mom and dad will eat them before the Chromis do. As the clowns get busy they are likely to breed every few weeks. They can become very protective of their breeding location and your hands will not intimidate them much as the age. Very cool fishes for a home tank.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leave them there. Your clowns are healthy and healthy clowns spawn every couple of weeks. If you ever want to raise them you will want to put them in another tank. But that would be a pain and it is a lot of time and trouble to raise them but it can be done as quite a few people have done it.
Big pain. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do I leave them in the tank? What should I feed them?
As mentioned, they would need another tank (a larval rearing tank) to avoid being eaten, killed by equipment, etc.

Feed them rotifers to start, then Artemia (Brine Shrimp) and/or small pellet feed like TDO Chromaboost or Otohime pellets. For more advice, see the link below:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 21 13.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.9%
Back