Snowflake eel has bulge about halfway down body

J-DOGG

View Badges
Reaction score
Hello everyone hopefully someone will have some insight.. the last time he ate was wed of last week.. he came out to eat the other night but wouldn't take any food. Today he is out and I noticed his bulging belly.. his last meal was silverfish. Any input is greatly appreciated..

D02CC9A9-2F7E-49D3-B0BC-9C97DCDAC51C.jpeg AE1EF20B-D482-4FD6-94D6-B6712A1C2698.jpeg

OP
J-DOGG

J-DOGG

View Badges
Reaction score
Na... only tank mates are trigger and a puffer.. and they are fine.

Hectorg214

View Badges
Reaction score
My previous eel had same thing. Died about three days later. Is the eel breathing normally. My lfs couldn't explain what happened and said snowflakes eels are very hardy and prone to alot of diseases.

OP
J-DOGG

J-DOGG

View Badges
Reaction score
I guess this is a new bulge and not just a really well fed eel? Does it act distressed or different in any way? How long have you had it?
Had him since october . Yes its a new bulge .. he is moving around the tank.. breathing seems a lil bit labored. But no intrest in food ..

OP
J-DOGG

J-DOGG

View Badges
Reaction score
Had him since october . Yes its a new bulge .. he is moving around the tank.. breathing seems a lil bit labored. But no intrest in food ..
I do have a qt set up.but no seems to be bothering him so I dont want to add any unneeded stress

OP
J-DOGG

J-DOGG

View Badges
Reaction score
My previous eel had same thing. Died about three days later. Is the eel breathing normally. My lfs couldn't explain what happened and said snowflakes eels are very hardy and prone to alot of diseases.
He seems to have a wierd twitch when he is breathing... my LFS had no input ethier.

How do you run activated carbon on your reef tank?

• Reactor

Votes: 303 36.8%
  • Filter Sock

Votes: 38 4.6%
  • Mesh Bag

Votes: 365 44.3%
  • Other (please explain in the thread)

Votes: 12 1.5%
  • I don't run Carbon

Votes: 105 12.8%

Online statistics

Members online