Snowflake Eel

Get an engineer gobie instead when they get big they look like zebra morays. My pops has two in his tank that are 7/8” round and over 12” long
 
Zach,
really think about this for your 90 build. having a predator will limit what else you can have in that tank. no shrimp, crabs or small fish. unless you are thinking about an all predator tank.... eel, triggers, groupers, lions....
Yes, the 90gallon is going to be predator tank only.
 
I have a 14" snowflake in my reef with clowns damsels and other similar sizes fish. Many coral, snails and crabs. All good . He is fed daily with shrimp. Best fish with the most personality by far.
 
Following along, all I can add with certainty is make sure the eel is eating and as others have said have good STABLE rock work and a strong lid
 
Okay I have thought about it and I have decided to put up my 90gallon sooner. Just need to learn how to plumb it and what to do with the sump. Does anyone have any suggestions?
 
I had one 12 years ago in a 55 gallon by himself with a lot of large rock work. He got to be about 20” & I gave him away to someone with a larger tank. I just felt that even though he was the sole inhabitant he was too big for my tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new