So I know all of you were fish before .. so riddle me this?

southeastfishaddict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would you prefer to be quarantined & treated with copper for about 6 weeks with fresh water baths without food for a day or two or go directly in to the display tank?? Please be truthful, because God is taking note and your next life may be a newly purchased tang by a newbie that doesn’t know what to do…

Fish Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm interested to see the replies you get. I have been trying to research QT steps, and I think you'll get a lot of different opinions. From what I have learned, this is the R2R preferred method of medicated QT, though, again, you're likely to hear many different opinions when it comes to quarantining and/or medicating new fish.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/current-quarantine-protocol.825055/

randomfishdude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same as my fish and coral... stand on the other side of the room and throw them in the tank like basketball.

It is certainly thrilling to my fish as they always pass out forever afterwards.

So please do the same with me. Just don't forget to not acclamate.

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t QT but that’s everyone’s choice. Here in Canada meds are almost impossible to find so the vast majority of people don’t QT. It’s just not a thing here, at least in my province.

You find a store you trust, or 2 or 3 if you’re lucky, and you only buy from them. Then you do stress management. There are risks, or course, but there are also risks at QT’ing.

OP
OP
southeastfishaddict

southeastfishaddict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would you prefer to be quarantined & treated with copper for about 6 weeks with fresh water baths without food for a day or two or go directly in to the display tank?? Please be truthful, because God is taking note and your next life may be a newly purchased tang by a newbie that doesn’t know what to do…
My thought exactly Lowell Lemon

Fish Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t QT but that’s everyone’s choice. Here in Canada meds are almost impossible to find so the vast majority of people don’t QT. It’s just not a thing here, at least in my province.

You find a store you trust, or 2 or 3 if you’re lucky, and you only buy from them. Then you do stress management. There are risks, or course, but there are also risks at QT’ing.
I am a FAR from an expert, but I have been researching how best to QT my fish and other livestock as I get back into reefing after some time out. For fish, I am going to try the medicated QT protocol outlined in the link I posted above. I appreciate that medications may not be easily available in your area. I have zero first hand experience with this method, but some use the Tank Transfer Method to limit parasites. This method does not use any medications, and might be better than nothing to pretty darn effective:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/tank-transfer-method.192655/

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 99 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back