So lost

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, Salifert shows over 1.0. Guess I’m screwed. Should I just sell the corals I have and start over or what? No clue what could be causing the phosphates.

Don't panic. lol

You can just strive for a tank like this, which is far nicer than most people's tanks and has very high phosphate:

OP
OP
Wolters_88

Wolters_88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't panic. lol

You can just strive for a tank like this, which is far nicer than most people's tanks and has very high phosphate:

I was under the assumption acro would not grow in environments like that?

michael lyons

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been fighting phosphates for months. Sometimes the Hannah even reads 2.5 which is the max. Everything in the tanks fine. So I don’t know what’s going on. I have been using no3p0x and I built up to the max and dose it daily. I have pho’s guard in. I do weekly 50% water changes. Cleans the sand weekly. This tanks only 6 months old. I don’t know what could be going on. I’m not feeding a ton. Once daily and it’s about the size of my pinky nail. Im wondering if I don’t have some sort of rock that leaches phosphates. Is that a thing?
I have a bio-cube 29 , and had same problem a few months ago.I tried everything till someone told me to take out my water pumps ( I have two ) and when I did , I found that both of them were caked full of old food on the propeller and its shaft. I took it out and took it apart in sink and could not believe all the crap on it.After i did that my phosphates started to come down and back to normal in like a week.

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a question, my reagents say 713-0 and all the ones online for reordering say 713-25. Which ones do I need to order? My machine says HI 713 but a local guy said they are not all the same.

The 25 just means it's a pack of 25 reagents.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I test phosphates. 0.5-1 my nitrates are 80ppm

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 173 67.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back