So much coraline in Algae Scrubber

kyreefville

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 18, 2024
Messages
1,098
Reaction score
1,255
Location
ky
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DIY algae scrubber in my old trickle filter. It's functioning pretty good if the measure is Hair Algae growth. The issue I'm running into is the amount of coraline algae is so prevelant it's starting to block light by 50% and I have to keep scraping it. Ironically, I have almost none in the actual tank. In the scrubber I scape and scrape with my finger nails. Space is limited is there a better scraping method that won't scratch the acrylic?

As far as reducing coraline growth,To Much Light?
 
If you can take it out make a mix in a bucket of half water half muriatic acid. Melts the off like butter.
 
Thanks for input. Well that’s an idea but to much life in there for me to do that as it is I saving pods and stomtella every time I change the filter floss
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new