OP
OP
Layllah

Layllah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a quick few shots of the 150 gallon (180 total system volume) reef!
Sorry for the terrible iPhone shots XD XD Waiting with ATIs on a second t5 fixture to come this week to get more light and buy more stick stuffs ^.^
As of now lit with 4-t5 ATI's, 2 Coral Plus 2 Bleu Plus, and supplemented with the Orbit Marine Pro LED 48" bar which just adds a pretty pop and sparkle : )

Finally working through a little algae outbreak, please excuse the messy sand and rocks, as I like to feed heavy for fat fish and to keep aggression at bay! Plumbed in a beautiful acrylic Eshopps sump about a week ago and finally have a skimmer which is super exciting! Also

Also a couple shots of my favorite views of the reef, the growing euphyllia garden and the huge Stunner and Sunny D's I just picked up last week! The Scrambled Eggs zoos still are my standing favorite. My onyx clown was just recently hosted by the frogspawns despite several bubble anemones, but I was hoping she'd jump in the spawns!

The powder brown is the newest addition just out of qt and in the reef, other than being quite thin for my liking he's another beautiful fish from LA- I always lusted after an Achilles tang, but after reading about their swimming habits/difficulty/long term survivability I just don't know if I believe they are fit for our little ocean cubes. The PB has been a really striking surprise and sort of reminds me of the Achilles tang dark allure and contrast : ) A bit of tussle from the yellow tang the night he went in but now they eat off of the same clip and hang together front and center ^.^ Ah and if there's any tang police, that is not only the last tang but likely the last addition to the reef! I qt and introduced carefully to monitor my yellow, and was prepared to remove the PB if needed and had a safe backup home for him.

And yes I DO keep multiple dwarf angels, but I've been very lucky with them being model citizens are far as nipping goes, all introduced together and aggression is pretty much non existent save for a quick tail whip during lights out if one tries to investigate another's sleeping spot! The flame angel is my absolute favorite fish.
FullSizeRender 2.jpg FullSizeRender 3.jpg IMG_0970.JPG
I just got that trio of Dispar Anthias from LA DD 2 months ago, such pink so cute!

Aaand my most beloved piece, from the Halloween nano, this amazing blasto I got from my LFS! I am SO in love with Blastomussas now its ridiculous, excited to get a black cherry (?) Aussie tomorrow from Cherry Corals!
FullSizeRender.jpg

And last, the new adventure- hoping to begin breeding clownfish in the next year! Just acclimated this gorgeous pair of black snowflakes from the LA Diver's Den into their new little mansion this morning, they are so smol and cute!
FullSizeRender 4.jpg

Eee that's it! It's scary to show the tank to professionals haha ^.^ Hopefully its not too messy!
xxx

Last edited:

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a quick few shots of the 150 gallon (180 total system volume) reef!
Sorry for the terrible iPhone shots XD XD Waiting with ATIs on a second t5 fixture to come this week to get more light and buy more stick stuffs ^.^
As of now lit with 4-t5 ATI's, 2 Coral Plus 2 Bleu Plus, and supplemented with the Orbit Marine Pro LED 48" bar which just adds a pretty pop and sparkle : )

Finally working through a little algae outbreak, please excuse the messy sand and rocks, as I like to feed heavy for fat fish and to keep aggression at bay! Plumbed in a beautiful acrylic Eshopps sump about a week ago and finally have a skimmer which is super exciting! Also

Also a couple shots of my favorite views of the reef, the growing euphyllia garden and the huge Stunner and Sunny D's I just picked up last week! The Scrambled Eggs zoos still are my standing favorite. My onyx clown was just recently hosted by the frogspawns despite several bubble anemones, but I was hoping she'd jump in the spawns!

The powder brown is the newest addition just out of qt and in the reef, other than being quite thin for my liking he's another beautiful fish from LA- I always lusted after an Achilles tang, but after reading about their swimming habits/difficulty/long term survivability I just don't know if I believe they are fit for our little ocean cubes. The PB has been a really striking surprise and sort of reminds me of the Achilles tang dark allure and contrast : ) A bit of tussle from the yellow tang the night he went in but now they eat off of the same clip and hang together front and center ^.^ Ah and if there's any tang police, that is not only the last tang but likely the last addition to the reef! I qt and introduced carefully to monitor my yellow, and was prepared to remove the PB if needed and had a safe backup home for him.

And yes I DO keep multiple dwarf angels, but I've been very lucky with them being model citizens are far as nipping goes, all introduced together and aggression is pretty much non existent save for a quick tail whip during lights out if one tries to investigate another's sleeping spot! The flame angel is my absolute favorite fish.
FullSizeRender 2.jpg FullSizeRender 3.jpg IMG_0970.JPG
I just got that trio of Dispar Anthias from LA DD 2 months ago, such pink so cute!

Aaand my most beloved piece, from the Halloween nano, this amazing blasto I got from my LFS! I am SO in love with Blastomussas now its ridiculous, excited to get a black cherry (?) Aussie tomorrow from Cherry Corals!
FullSizeRender.jpg

And last, the new adventure- hoping to begin breeding clownfish in the next year! Just acclimated this gorgeous pair of black snowflakes from the LA Diver's Den into their new little mansion this morning, they are so smol and cute!
FullSizeRender 4.jpg

Eee that's it! It's scary to show the tank to professionals haha ^.^ Hopefully its not too messy!
xxx
Maybe a pro of nano tanks and how to get them to run smoothly, with some tricks of the trade, with the best bang for your buck equipment, easiest maintenance, and minimal problems, because we all can't have top end equipment or bog tanks for many reasons. Some just have that little space in the corner and want to fill it. Your tank looks great! A lot fuller than mine.

OP
OP
Layllah

Layllah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe a pro of nano tanks and how to get them to run smoothly, with some tricks of the trade, with the best bang for your buck equipment, easiest maintenance, and minimal problems, because we all can't have top end equipment or bog tanks for many reasons. Some just have that little space in the corner and want to fill it. Your tank looks great! A lot fuller than mine.
So true! I don't have a lot of the fancy addons, it feels like every month I learn about a new reactor or media spaceship XD
I'm hoping I can keep my nano on track, the larger system DEF seems easier! Water changes on a 10 or 20 is certainly nicer though :3
It's almost too stuffed! I'm just now getting into fragging and almost want to set up like a fluval sexy desktop 13 gallon for the frag system in my art studio to just enjoy the corals! ^.^

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%

Back