So this is what they think us reefers do? Is it accurate?

Do non hobbyists think you're crazy for keeping a reef in your house?

• Yes

Votes: 253 30.7%
  • No

Votes: 312 37.9%
  • Kinda

Votes: 258 31.3%

• Total voters

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's been a while so today let's make it fun! I created this "meme" many years back and I was wondering if you all thought it was till accurate?

Do non hobbyists think you're crazy for keeping a reef in your house?

Also let's hear from you!

YOU MIGHT BE A SALTWATER AQUARIUM HOBBYISTS IF...................... (fill in the blank)

saltwater-aquarist.jpg

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was on R2R at work yesterday and a coworker was peeking over at my phone and was curious. I was viewing a vendor’s corals for sale. My coworker was asking me what I was looking at. She had no idea what corals are and that they are able to be kept in an aquarium.

shrimped

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They think im more crazy spending money on this hobby than actually keeping a few tanks at home. I spend a LOT lol. The "oh sorry i gotta go to the lfs a hour away so i cant hang out this weekend" seems to have em wondering if this hobby involves drugs. They also seem to like common coral more than more expensive ones cuz its bigger... NORMIES, THEY DONT UNDERSTAND!

YOU MIGHT BE A SALTWATER AQUARIUM HOBBYIST IF... you'd rather spend time on R2R than watch a movie or tv.

krbshappy71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where’s the don’t care option.
THIS! Soooo this. My coworkers HATE my tarantulas, my rats, and will be less than interested in my new reefing hobby. But my boss definitely sees this forum on the screen and googling fish stuff all the time, ha! I think he at least prefers it over the tarantulas. Gotta live our own lives and love it. I just found out that a recently retired employee here was BIG into saltwater tanks, even had an entire room dedicated to it! I had no idea and am looking forward to striking up a convo with her next time she stops in. (she retired when I was hired)

I always thought reefers were rich. Now I know you don't have to be rich, just dedicated. Hubby and I will be burning $ together.

C. Eymann

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People who arent in the hobby will be entranced by a Kenya tree or xenia blowing in the current.
But will show zero interest in SPS coral.

When my friends came over they were like " nice sticks" I had to feed the tank and get my bright red serpent star to come out to make them"ooohhh and ahhhhhh" lol

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
YOU MIGHT BE A SALTWATER AQUARIUM HHOBBYISTS IF you ask your wife and kids to send you pics of the tank as soon as they get home.

YOU MIGHT BE A SALTWATER AQUARIUM HOBBYISTS if your kids complain that the fish eat better than they do.
YOU MIGHT BE A SALTWATER AQUARIUM HOBBYISTS IF.... you walk to your tank first thing in the morning, or when you get home before saying hi to the wife and kids...
YOU MIGHT BE A SALTWATER AQUARIUM HOBBYISTS IF... you spend more on your tank in a month then you do on Christmas gifts.
All of these are so me

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 26 16.0%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 68 42.0%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 22 13.6%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 36 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.2%
Back