So what's the deal ? Sps ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MattL22
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MattL22

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 2, 2010
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
37
Location
Longisland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have alot of sps that are a year old and still just frags ! My color is good growth slow IMO on Acropora ! How r u guys turning a 1/2 frag into a nice colony in a year???
 
At the rate I'm going it seems like it will take 2-3yrs to get decent sized colony is that normal!
 
On my last tank I had the same problem, great color but no growth. What I figured out was that I wasn't adding enough Ca and Alk to the tank. Even though my numbers were ok, they weren't stable enough. The SPS in my current tank grows very well due to very stable Alk and Ca using two part with dosing pumps.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new