SoCal IM Fusion 15

Reefergirl82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!
Long time member here, first time posting.
In December of 2016 I had to suddenly & unexpectedly take down my tank, a 15" PiCO Aquariums cube and put everything into storage.
Fast forward to 2023, and I am once again in the throes of the reefing addiction with an Fusion 15 gifted to me by a good friend.

Thankfully and to my surprise the majority of my equipment still worked and I still had boxes of dry rock, otherwise a new tank wouldn't have been an option.
I did have to replace some checkers, reagents, test kits, probes and buy a new return pump, salt, lid, fuge basket, etc

I set it all up on January 21st and about 1.5-2 weeks later it was cycled.

Tank: IM Fusion 15
Stand: Custom built for my old tank
Light: Radion XR15 Pro Gen3 controlled with Reeflink
Controller: Apex Classic with PH & Salinity Probe
ATO: Tunze 3155
Lid: Kraken
Flow: Mighty Jet 538 for the return & MP10QD
Filtration: IM Filter sock & In Tank Fuge basket that is holding Marine Pure Gems used to seed the tank & Chemi Pure blue nano
Rock: Dry Pukani, Fiji & Marco with a few pieces of Australian live rock from Unique Corals
Salt: Aquaforest Reef Salt
Heater: Cobalt Neotherm
Checkers: Hanna Alkalinity, Hanna HR Nitrate, Hanna LR Phosphate, Milwuakee digital refractometer, Salifert Calcium, Salifert Magnesium

Inverts: 1 Peppermint Shrimp
CUC: 2 Trochus snails, 1 Turbo snail, 2 Ceriths and 2 small unknown
Fish: 1 Bicolor Blenny & 1 Pink Streaked Wrasse

Coral: Branching GSP, Misc Zoas, 1 Acan, 1 Blasto, 1 Sunset Monti, 1 Forest Fire Digi and 3 small sps frags a friend gave me (Oregon Tort, Red Planet & Rainbow Milli)

Maintenance: Weekly 2.5-5gal water changes and glass scraping.

That's it for now. Here is a FTS I took today. I know its a bit empty looking, but I will be adding more corals over the next few months

IMG_9219.jpg

qchau

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reefergirl82,

Tank looks great. I am having issues with my camera filter taking pics. Which do you recommend?

OP
OP
Reefergirl82

Reefergirl82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reefergirl82,

Tank looks great. I am having issues with my camera filter taking pics. Which do you recommend?
Thanks! I use the flipper one. It took me a while to figure out the lighting while taking photos too

OP
OP
Reefergirl82

Reefergirl82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great start!
Thank you. I was pretty nervous starting up again after so long as I had so many "issues" in the past. However, I realized they were because I was too hands on and constantly tweaking/adding stuff.
So this time around I'm just doing weekly water changes, testing and not chasing numbers like I used to. So far, A LOT less stressful.

qchau

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reefergirl82,

I wonder if you are related to a Reeferboy82 that I traded corals with years ago? Looking to get a SBR frag that I lost.

OP
OP
Reefergirl82

Reefergirl82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reefergirl82,

I wonder if you are related to a Reeferboy82 that I traded corals with years ago? Looking to get a SBR frag that I lost.
I'm not related to him, but I can see how you would think that given the name :face-with-tears-of-joy:
What does SBR stand for and what kind of coral is it? I've never heard of that one before so am naturally curious.

DonTavo27

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!
Long time member here, first time posting.
In December of 2016 I had to suddenly & unexpectedly take down my tank, a 15" PiCO Aquariums cube and put everything into storage.
Fast forward to 2023, and I am once again in the throes of the reefing addiction with an Fusion 15 gifted to me by a good friend.

Thankfully and to my surprise the majority of my equipment still worked and I still had boxes of dry rock, otherwise a new tank wouldn't have been an option.
I did have to replace some checkers, reagents, test kits, probes and buy a new return pump, salt, lid, fuge basket, etc

I set it all up on January 21st and about 1.5-2 weeks later it was cycled.

Tank: IM Fusion 15
Stand: Custom built for my old tank
Light: Radion XR15 Pro Gen3 controlled with Reeflink
Controller: Apex Classic with PH & Salinity Probe
ATO: Tunze 3155
Lid: Kraken
Flow: Mighty Jet 538 for the return & MP10QD
Filtration: IM Filter sock & In Tank Fuge basket that is holding Marine Pure Gems used to seed the tank & Chemi Pure blue nano
Rock: Dry Pukani, Fiji & Marco with a few pieces of Australian live rock from Unique Corals
Salt: Aquaforest Reef Salt
Heater: Cobalt Neotherm
Checkers: Hanna Alkalinity, Hanna HR Nitrate, Hanna LR Phosphate, Milwuakee digital refractometer, Salifert Calcium, Salifert Magnesium

Inverts: 1 Peppermint Shrimp
CUC: 2 Trochus snails, 1 Turbo snail, 2 Ceriths and 2 small unknown
Fish: 1 Bicolor Blenny & 1 Pink Streaked Wrasse

Coral: Branching GSP, Misc Zoas, 1 Acan, 1 Blasto, 1 Sunset Monti, 1 Forest Fire Digi and 3 small sps frags a friend gave me (Oregon Tort, Red Planet & Rainbow Milli)

Maintenance: Weekly 2.5-5gal water changes and glass scraping.

That's it for now. Here is a FTS I took today. I know its a bit empty looking, but I will be adding more corals over the next few months

IMG_9219.jpg
I love that rock scape, you’re off to a great start!

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like have a bare bottom tank? I just got my tank IM Fusion 15 yesterday I was going to put sand buy looking at yours I was wondering of your experience with it?

qchau

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not related to him, but I can see how you would think that given the name :face-with-tears-of-joy:
What does SBR stand for and what kind of coral is it? I've never heard of that one before so am naturally curious.
you know how it goes with these names...It was a SPS coral, but I forgot what it stood for. It was definitely, short/stubby, and yellow.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 29 16.7%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back