Soda Lime Where to buy

zemuss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know what store might carry Soda Lime?

mc-cro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its been a while since I used it, but I think I got 3-4 refills out of a 3lbs bag. I was using a BRS media reactor, filled it about 1/2 way each time.

how long each refill will last really depends on how much co2 is in your air. I could go anywhere from 1-3 weeks on each refill.

OP
OP
zemuss

zemuss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the soda lime from the link that Mc-cro provided.

Thanks!

ReddyW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The TLF CDX 750ML has a ship weight of 1.6 pounds, so you're getting less than half for twice as much. The next best deal is to buy a 5 gallon bucket from a scuba rebreather shop or Airgas. The price on those varies greatly, and shipping costs are a consideration.

Order three 3 pound bags from Med-Vet, add one 60ml Irrigation Syringe to reach $25, use this code COU50MIN25 to get $5 shipping. For $30 you've got enough to last till you can open a window, and now you can make your own Julian's Thing with some rigid tubing.

Julian Sprung has plenty of money. Spend yours on livestock!

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The TLF CDX 750ML has a ship weight of 1.6 pounds, so you're getting less than half for twice as much. The next best deal is to buy a 5 gallon bucket from a scuba rebreather shop or Airgas. The price on those varies greatly, and shipping costs are a consideration.

Order three 3 pound bags from Med-Vet, add one 60ml Irrigation Syringe to reach $25, use this code COU50MIN25 to get $5 shipping. For $30 you've got enough to last till you can open a window, and now you can make your own Julian's Thing with some rigid tubing.

Julian Sprung has plenty of money. Spend yours on livestock!

Sounds like you've done this before...lol. Great instructions and the coupon code sure helps. I will probably be ordering some for myself as well.

mc-cro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should also mention that I was told by a chemical safety guy that you should be wearing a mask, eye protection, and gloves when handling this stuff. It can be very caustic.

ReddyW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you've done this before...lol. Great instructions and the coupon code sure helps. I will probably be ordering some for myself as well.

Not yet, but lots of research.

If anyone followed my advice, the syringes are not in stock yet. It seems anything on their site that doesn't have a picture is a new product and takes a week to get in. They called to substitute another syringe, but all the 60 ml ones with a control grip are new items.

Another thing to be aware of (other than the danger of dust inhalation) is the exhaustion color change. It can go from white to purple and back to white in a short period while in use and in storage.

Monitor your PH and if it isn't performing like new, change it. Store the unused pellets in an airtight container, lightly vacuum pack if you can.

neuwave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my CO2 scrubber. Been in use for a year. I'm actually going to buy a new bucket of soda in the next week. :wink:

I filled the ro inserts with soda lime from airgas. Bought screw on tube connecters from the ro canisters to a T junction. I used 3/8th inch clear tubing.

e71a8522.jpg

c0108d63.jpg

From the T junction straight down to the intake of my skimmer.
59022dd7.jpg

Ph went from 7.8 to 8.2 over night. No chemicals needed and skimmer has produced more bubbles. My lps seem to like it benefit. Since I'm not over using buffer which creates a high alk stressing out my lps.

ReddyW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my CO2 scrubber. Been in use for a year. I'm actually going to buy a new bucket of soda in the next week. :wink:

Would you mind posting or PM me the price you pay at your local Airgas? It seems each one has different pricing. Thanks!

BBoley24

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Why is there a T junction? Shouldn't it go straight from the cannister to the intake on the skimmer pump?

neuwave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for late responses.

Would you mind posting or PM me the price you pay at your local Airgas? It seems each one has different pricing. Thanks!

Last time it was around $65-70 but try to talk them down. Then maybe get $10 bucks off cause there is no set price.

Why is there a T junction? Shouldn't it go straight from the cannister to the intake on the skimmer pump?

I have two canisters because my skimmer pulls lot of air. When I had the canisters in series the air was too fast and didn't absorb as well. But in parallel the air flow is split between the two allowing for more absorption of CO2.

I paid about 80$ for a 5 gallon bucket from airgas

Ya I was quoted $80 but since they had so much in stock at the time, they have me a deal. But you'll be happy it lasted over a year. How do you like your scrubber?

jelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to change it every week so it was a pain in the *** and took it down. But I'm thinking of pitting it back on

neuwave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to change it every week so it was a pain in the *** and took it down. But I'm thinking of pitting it back on

Which is anther reason I use two canisters in parallel. Slowed down the air intake and now I'm up to 2-3 weeks before changing. So much easier.

jelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't like reducing the amount of air my skimmer gets. More air the better it foams

neuwave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't like reducing the amount of air my skimmer gets. More air the better it foams

It's not reducing the air, just giving more than one inlet to take in air. It's had to pull harder to get the air thru one canister since it has only one small inlet. Adding the extra air inlet allowed more wire just at a slower rater. Rather than trying to pull all the air they one tiny hole.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back