Soft Coral ID

  • Thread starter Thread starter Onestowe
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Onestowe

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 7, 2020
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Location
Brisbane
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, can someone help me out with an ID on this please?

Soft coral.jpg


I think it could be Cespitularia but I'm not sure.

Thanks!
 
Hmm... I don't think its Cespitularia... I'm gonna do some digging and get back to you!
 
I've done some digging and can't seem to find anything... It looks similar to a Kenya tree but the polyps are different. If I were you I'd try and look at corals similar to Kenya trees and go from there. I hope someone else can help you out!
 
kenya tree coral
Have on mind, it can be invasive.

And WELCOME TO R2R, have a nice time here ;)
 
I have a big colony of that fuzzy cespitularia from marine farmers- this looks kind of the same. Honestly I have no way to ID if it really is a cespitularia or not.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new