Soft coral, need advice on arrival

Debramb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need to know order of acclamation, dipping upon arrival from Diver’s Den. Have CoralRX Pro and Bayer, but do I add DT water w/dip? After floating temp. Thanks everyone, love what I’ve learned!!

OP
OP
Debramb

Debramb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need to know order of acclamation, dipping upon arrival from Diver’s Den. Have CoralRX Pro and Bayer, but do I add DT water w/dip? After floating temp. Thanks everyone, love what I’ve learned!!
Sorry, meant corals need acclimation to My tank, like fish, I’m planning on members comment, rinse rinse rinse, but do I add my water to acclimate before my dipping procedures, and which order, thanks, dummy questions, old age lol

justinhm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! No question is a dumb question in my opinion.

For my coral acclimation, these are the steps I usually follow:
1. Temperature acclimate - Float coral in bag for 15-20 mins.
2. Salinity match - Open bag, pour water out until water in the bag barely covers the top of the coral, and then, I'll add a half cup of water from my display tank to the bag and wait 5 mins. After 5 mins, I'll add another half cup of water from the display and wait another 5 mins. I repeat this process twice more. (Total time this step takes for me is 20 mins)
3. After, I'll add 5 mL of Bayer to the bag. I typically dip for 10-15 mins. Every minute or so I'll gently use a turkey baster or pipette to move the water around to knock pests/detritus off the coral. I'll then remove the coral and add it to a container that contains a cup of water from my display tank.
4. I've never used CoralRX Pro. I personally use Revive, but I'll add a capful of Revive (~5 mL) to the cup of water and dip for 4 mins max (I'll use a turkey baster or pipette again to knock anything off the coral).
5. I'll then remove coral from the Revive mixture and rinse it with a cup of water from my display tank for 2 mins (I do this 3 times - takes 6 mins total).
6. Place coral into display tank.

This process works for me, and I have never lost a coral. I usually don't drip corals. I'll drip fish. I would just take a look to ensure how much CoralRX Pro is safe to use because I am not familiar with that product.

Best of luck!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Debramb

Debramb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
T
Hello! No question is a dumb question in my opinion.

For my coral acclimation, these are the steps I usually follow:
1. Temperature acclimate - Float coral in bag for 15-20 mins.
2. Salinity match - Open bag, pour water out until water in the bag barely covers the top of the coral, and then, I'll add a half cup of water from my display tank to the bag and wait 5 mins. After 5 mins, I'll add another half cup of water from the display and wait another 5 mins. I repeat this process twice more. (Total time this step takes for me is 20 mins)
3. After, I'll add 5 mL of Bayer to the bag. I typically dip for 10-15 mins. Every minute or so I'll gently use a turkey baster or pipette to move the water around to knock pests/detritus off the coral. I'll then remove the coral and add it to a container that contains a cup of water from my display tank.
4. I've never used CoralRX Pro. I personally use Revive, but I'll add a capful of Revive (~5 mL) to the cup of water and dip for 4 mins max (I'll use a turkey baster or pipette again to knock anything off the coral).
5. I'll then remove coral from the Revive mixture and rinse it with a cup of water from my display tank for 2 mins (I do this 3 times - takes 6 mins total).
6. Place coral into display tank.

This process works for me, and I have never lost a coral. I usually don't drip corals. I'll drip fish. I would just take a look to ensure how much CoralRX Pro is safe to use because I am not familiar with that product.

Best of luck!
Thank-you so much!!!’ Watching threads about pests has me freaked out! You’re plan advice is wat I needed! Debra

OP
OP
Debramb

Debramb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ready, lol, waiting for big brown truck
238E96F6-46FE-461D-ACCC-CEB9E3AEF5EC.jpeg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 33.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back