Software to convert test results into a graph?

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for everyone's help. I'm going to go crawl back under a rock where I'm comfortable. We don't have to deal with y and x axis there. LOL I cant even find a place to add or change a Y axis in sheets :zany-face:
I'm serious start with the dosing pump and work your way up, you'll eventually get to the why axe us...lol

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all. @Js.Aqua.Project had a look at it for me. I had all the formatting messed up.
look at this I did a bunch of trimming last night and got rid of a bunch of birdsnest and montipora, look how my alkalinity was shooting up due to lack of coral I was able to notice the rise and shut off my dosing pumps for 3 hours and brought my alkalinity back into range, if I didn't have the testing and graph available It would have spiked higher!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231110_203122_Alkatronic WiFi.jpg
    Screenshot_20231110_203122_Alkatronic WiFi.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 61
OP
OP
exnisstech

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm serious start with the dosing pump and work your way up, you'll eventually get to the why axe us...lol
I'm stepping up my game.:winking-face: Long way from doing spread sheets and graphs tho for sure.

Attachments

• 20231110_205253.jpg
    20231110_205253.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 55

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
look at this I did a bunch of trimming last night and got rid of a bunch of birdsnest and montipora, look how my alkalinity was shooting up due to lack of coral I was able to notice the rise and shut off my dosing pumps for 3 hours and brought my alkalinity back into range, if I didn't have the testing and graph available It would have spiked higher!
I do trending in my head. Perhaps I’m “special”. Can’t be arsed to write stuff down tbh.

Edit - I’m telling pork pies, I document it all on reef to reef, lol.

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquarium note 2 is the best one I have used for not putting in any extra work beyond initial logging of the data. Once you figure out how to log in it appropriately at least.

Hydros app lets you do it now, but it's just a touch cumbersome, but you can use it without having a hydros device. I would personally advise any of the other suggestions over it though unless you already use it. Its not hard its just a weird UI for it if using for that specific function. That function is in it's infancy, but works for me.

OP
OP
exnisstech

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that's what I use is the reefdose pumps, knock on wood they have been great!
I'm loving it. The reefbeat app is so much easier than the kamoer app I had tried. It's one of those why the heck didn't I add this a long time ago devices.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm loving it. The reefbeat app is so much easier than the kamoer app I had tried. It's one of those why the heck didn't I add this a long time ago devices.
it really is simplified for the user I like the app, I liked it so much I got two of those reefwave gyre pumps and even those have been pretty good, I never clean them and they work pretty good off the app. watch now when I go home everything is going to be broken lol ;)

OP
OP
exnisstech

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it really is simplified for the user I like the app, I liked it so much I got two of those reefwave gyre pumps and even those have been pretty good, I never clean them and they work pretty good off the app. watch now when I go home everything is going to be broken lol ;)
I like it so well that now I understand why so many people go full blown redsea. If I were starting over I'd be tempted. I use a total of 9 apps for various things on the tanks and reefbeat is hands down my favorite.

OP
OP
exnisstech

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats wild, I am on a new phone and it transferred over. what the heck aqarium note.

Might need to check out a new app if I have to worry about this. I bought the premium version too

I found an old phone that has android 11 and was able to to install it. Definately useful software even for a dullard like myself. I'm going to play around and see if can get it working on my new phone. Maybe I can sync the phones and get it to transfer. Weather is crappy so it'll give me something to do for a while.

OP
OP
exnisstech

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update to help if this comes up in searches. I found an app called Aquarium Log that seems to do exactly what I want but I don't have to learn how to build spread sheets. If someone already mentioned this one and I missed it I apologize. Couple of screen shots.
Screenshot_20231111_140518_Aquarium Log.jpg

Screenshot_20231111_140551_Aquarium Log.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back