• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

SOLD - Red V-Tail Grouper (Cephalopholis urodeta) 7" $60 - MAKE OFFER - NEED GONE ASAP!!

Item Price
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Shipping
NO shipping is NOT available

alabella1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Red V-Tail Grouper 7" $80

He's fat and healthy - currently in a QT tank with copper power.

Scientific Name: Cephalopholis urodeta
Reef Compatible: With Caution
Care Level: Intermediate
Disposition: Aggressive
Min. Tank Size: 100 gallons
Mature Size: 11 inches
Diet: Carnivore
Range: Indo-Pacific

Other Common Names Darkfin Hind

This is a very pretty grouper. The red body can appear to show grey and green in different types of lighting. The "V-Tail" portion of its common name comes from the two distinct stripes on its tail fin.This grouper is commonly found in outer reef, lagoons and upper reef areas. In the wild, this fish feeds mainly on small fish. Predatory fish produce a lot of waste, be sure that your filtration system is working well for water quality to be maintained.This is a solitary fish, that likes to hide in rockwork and coral heads.This fish will grow to nearly a foot in length. It is highly recommended that this fish be kept with other predators of like size.They should not be kept with shrimp or small fish that they will mistake for food. They are great for fish-only tanks.Groupers come from a family of fish known as Sea Bass. These fish have stout bodies with large mouths filled with more than one set of teeth. Groupers use powerful suction to engulf their prey by quickly opening their mouths. Their prey is swallowed whole instead of being chewed.

IMG_5119.jpg IMG_5118.jpg IMG_5117.jpg IMG_5116.jpg IMG_5115.jpg 2023-06-28_8-29-55.jpg 2023-06-28_8-30-14.jpg

Last edited:

Aspect

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Are you still asking $300 for the grouper knowing it isn't a Miniatus? V-tail go for $70-$80 from a fish store.

OP
OP
A

alabella1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
This poor guy needs a home. I am going on vacation on Friday and he's going to be all alone. I can set up an autofeeder for him, but he will not have all the bells, whistles and fancy monitoring of my DT. I'd love to see him go to a good home.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 99 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.9%
Back