Some crazy 6 week growth

Saintnovakai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Double post but " CONGRATS @Chaswood79 and his spotlight on the latest BRS Wednesday video. I could spot that tank right away and it says a lot when the leading video series in our hobby uses your tank as an example of results. Boss Level Reefer Award!!

OP
OP
Charlie’s Frags

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Double post but " CONGRATS @Chaswood79 and his spotlight on the latest BRS Wednesday video. I could spot that tank right away and it says a lot when the leading video series in our hobby uses your tank as an example of results. Boss Level Reefer Award!!
Ya Mon!!!!!
@TitanCi made me aware of that this morning and I watched the wrong video, haha. Then when I actually saw it I thought they used the worst pic I’ve ever posted. I then made my wife watch it, and she agreed it was a bad picture after she said
“I don’t care. Can we go to the grocery store now?” God I love that woman

Saintnovakai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya Mon!!!!!
@TitanCi made me aware of that this morning and I watched the wrong video, haha. Then when I actually saw it I thought they used the worst pic I’ve ever posted. I then made my wife watch it, and she agreed it was a bad picture after she said
“I don’t care. Can we go to the grocery store now?” God I love that woman
Wives. Number one reason for divorce these days is wives not giving their men enough props for being awesome. Lol.

Yo maybe it was your worst pic but it's the worst pic many of us hope we had. Lol.

BIG UP! CHAS!! KUDOS

OP
OP
Charlie’s Frags

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright
I just finished testing all the main parameters because I’m about to send off an icp test
Alk 8.4 Hanna
No3 25 salifert
Phosphorous 50 Hanna
Cal 497 Hanna
Cal 400-420 Nyos
Mag 1320-1350 Nyos
Salinity tasted like 1.025-1.027
K 400-410 Salifert
I have no idea what my ph is.
Finally received my icp test. 2 weeks later. They mis logged the ID number
3CC46BB7-6540-46E5-A3AE-FB9688D9B4AE.png

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally received my icp test. 2 weeks later. They mis logged the ID number
3CC46BB7-6540-46E5-A3AE-FB9688D9B4AE.png

Are you dosing K? I dose RS colors program, minimally, like 5ml/week, and my K is 425 on salifert. I wonder if it’s just the TMP salt we are using that’s pretty moderate with K?

OP
OP
Charlie’s Frags

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you dosing K? I dose RS colors program, minimally, like 5ml/week, and my K is 425 on salifert. I wonder if it’s just the TMP salt we are using that’s pretty moderate with K?
I am using tmp salt and my new 2 part, reef pro complete, has the big 3 and all minor and trace mineral. I sent the icp test because my Red Sea and nyos cal test have been measuring 350-400 but my new Hanna cal checker was reading 475+. Looks like the Hanna is more accurate. I have an icp test result that was from an unused fresh batch of tmp. Here it is.
D946CB42-5F4F-49DB-94ED-390D52AF8389.png

OP
OP
Charlie’s Frags

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using tmp salt and my new 2 part, reef pro complete, has the big 3 and all minor and trace mineral. I sent the icp test because my Red Sea and nyos cal test have been measuring 350-400 but my new Hanna cal checker was reading 475+. Looks like the Hanna is more accurate. I have an icp test result that was from an unused fresh batch of tmp. Here it is.
D946CB42-5F4F-49DB-94ED-390D52AF8389.png
The salinity was a little high but you can see the tropic Marin pro has elevated cal and k and other trace

LARedstickreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can high K cause problems? I just switched to TMP from Neomarine just for the heck of it.

OP
OP
Charlie’s Frags

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can high K cause problems? I just switched to TMP from Neomarine just for the heck of it.
I’ve heard elevated K can cause burnt tips or stn but I don’t know how high can cause this. My K is elevated at the moment and has been elevated for at least a month and haven’t had any issues. I’ve used tmp for 15 years and never had any issues. Here’s an icp test back in January when I was just doing water changes and dosing the big 3
3F5A2DF4-E349-4910-BD78-C2B70DBB62B1.png

I’ve had normal K and elevated K, low bromine and now elevated bromine, high arsenic and acceptable arsenic, low iodine and zero iron etc. None of these variances have impacted my sps at all. I’ve also only lost 1 acro since January but I don’t think it was related to water chemistry.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 178 72.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 6.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 46 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back