OP
coral reeftank

coral reeftank

IG:crt_reefs
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome. Are those MP40's or 60's? Seems like those corals close to the powerheads would have their skin ripped from the bone. How do you have them set? ReefCrest? 100%? And are those all the flow you have - just the 2 heads plus the circulation pump?
Mp40s x 4
I have two on each side and run them off set so the water recirculates and switches flow patterns on reef crest

OP
OP
coral reeftank

coral reeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Acros on full grow mode

_DSC3534.JPG

TGC Crazy Eyes

_DSC3540-2.JPG

One of my favorite new tenuis, keeps on coloring up!!

_DSC3547.JPG

TGC Pink Dragonite

_DSC3554.JPG

CRT Wowwaweewa

_DSC3552-2.JPG

Grafted TGC Boogeyman, this this looks insane! The contrast is amazing

juannnn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you do an incredible job with your corals, congratulations. do not need to add potassium or iodine to maintain those colors? ozone, uv lamp or carbon use?

Last edited:

flyfisherman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This combo is legit acro steroids! I dose 5 mls of each product twice a week.

P.S. Fun fact the photo on the mecorals amino is actually my photo of my
RR Ca CJ Pinky!

5EE2DF6F-3D1A-469B-BEB4-00C20828D60B.jpeg

The secret cocktail is out! I've run a few of those, my favorite is the flatwormstop which is an amazing product that gets the coral encrusting fast .. I've only been running brightwells coral amino and restor the last 2 years, thanks for giving me an idea for the fall growout season!

OP
OP
coral reeftank

coral reeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The secret cocktail is out! I've run a few of those, my favorite is the flatwormstop which is an amazing product that gets the coral encrusting fast .. I've only been running brightwells coral amino and restor the last 2 years, thanks for giving me an idea for the fall growout season!
Yup!! Been telling people about this combo for years, I think they help immensely for coral health and color in proper use cases.

OP
OP
coral reeftank

coral reeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not sure if anyone went to aquashella in Chicago this past weekend, but you might have seen me there at the Two Guys Coral booth. Here were some I scooped

_DSC3472-2.JPG

TGC Dragon Knight, the colony of this one looked bonkers and I had to take one back home with me. The yellow and red polyps really make this one!

_DSC3474-2.JPG

TGC Bugatti, This one looked funky and I like funky

_DSC3476-2.JPG

TGC Rainbow Ascension, Super cool milli with violet tips. I've never seen a milli like it

Now for some more eye candy
_DSC3489-2.JPG

CRT Monstro

_DSC3505-2.JPG

TGC Surprise Attack

_DSC3514.JPG

This tenuis is becoming one of my favs, saved it from a tiny nubs a few years back. Now the corallites are bright pink with neon green polyps and a teal body.

_DSC3519.JPG

TGC Disturbia

_DSC3528.JPG

CRT Hang Over

_DSC3545.JPG

TGC Megatron, this one is mesmerizing to stare at. The multicolor polyps make for great contrast

Last edited:
OP
OP
coral reeftank

coral reeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
you do an incredible job with your corals, congratulations. do not need to add potassium or iodine to maintain those colors? ozone, uv lamp or carbon use?
I run my tanks very simple.
I only use a protein skimmer, activated carbon, and gfo for nutrient export. I change the carbon and gfo once a month.
As for potassium and iodine I do not dose, I think my frequent weekly 5 gallon WC's replenish trace elements. I'm also sure the KZ products have some special sauce in there as well that might account for my results.

OP
OP
coral reeftank

coral reeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just got in a fantastic box from Sonny at Raising Reefs today! Did a little trade and got a bunch of classic goodies that I'm glad to have again.

_DSC3558.JPG

Raising Reefs Dragon Fruit, this things is super bright!

_DSC3649.JPG

CC Pink Highlighter

_DSC3650.JPG

RR Raven, got a second one since my original one hasn't grown in over 2 years. One of the brightest prostratas that anyone can get

_DSC3652.JPG

Matt V Rainbow Envy, 3rd time growing this one out again. I miss my old baseball sized colony so much lol

_DSC3653.JPG

Raising Reef Fruit Ninja, I got a sweet spot for millis and this one is certainly a sweet one. Super unique!

_DSC3648.JPG

CRT Star Killer, got this one back!! One of my favs from my personal collection

Here are a few others from my TGC shopping

_DSC3581.JPG

TGC El Guapo, this one certainly is muy guapo

_DSC3583.JPG

TGC Creamsicle, this thing looks like my crt gold meister if it was orange instead of gold

OP
OP
coral reeftank

coral reeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Some close ups of some big ones

_DSC3577.JPG

TGC Purble, I love this deep shade of purple and the yellow tips really make it pop!

_DSC3625.JPG

TGC Cerberus, a crowd pleaser

_DSC3636.JPG

CRT Pink Binky, This one at night is just a ball of polyps as it feeds

_DSC3638.JPG

TGC Bonita, this one's super cool reminds me of the OG Asia orange passion but it stays a beautiful pastel tone

_DSC3631.JPG

CRT Hurricane

_DSC3633.JPG

CRT Hurricane, I've kept this gem locked away and hidden from people for years. Now it's finally time to show it off!

juannnn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wouldn't you like to have the main tank separate from the cuttings? Their pieces lose beauty with all the cuttings.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back