Some of my Acro Collection

Some more goodness to get us through the heatwave! Acros loving that good nutrition!

IMG_4715.jpeg

Vivid’s Confetti


IMG_4695.jpeg

RRA Ultimate Orange Passion



IMG_4773.jpeg

POTO Flamethrower



IMG_4724.jpeg

ORA Hawkins
 
Hey Alan, just wondering what kind of Alk/dKH swing do you see throughout the day on your Aquawiz? I just started running an Aquawiz on my system and I'm watching how my Alk dips during the peak part of the day as my pH rises and then rises again at night as my pH dips and wondering what's ok. I'm seeing swings that go anywhere from a dKH of 7.9 to 8.1, so approx a 0.2 swing. I'm trying to adjust my dosing to add more alk during the day so that I can possibly flatten out that curve and maintain a more stable Alk level, but not sure I should really worry about it much.

It's interesting that in the past, I would just check my alk once a day around the same time each day and it would always be essentially the same. Now that I have an aquawiz checking my alk every hour, I'm seeing that alk actually fluctuates throughout the day alot more than I would have realized otherwise.
 
Hey Alan, just wondering what kind of Alk/dKH swing do you see throughout the day on your Aquawiz? I just started running an Aquawiz on my system and I'm watching how my Alk dips during the peak part of the day as my pH rises and then rises again at night as my pH dips and wondering what's ok. I'm seeing swings that go anywhere from a dKH of 7.9 to 8.1, so approx a 0.2 swing. I'm trying to adjust my dosing to add more alk during the day so that I can possibly flatten out that curve and maintain a more stable Alk level, but not sure I should really worry about it much.

It's interesting that in the past, I would just check my alk once a day around the same time each day and it would always be essentially the same. Now that I have an aquawiz checking my alk every hour, I'm seeing that alk actually fluctuates throughout the day alot more than I would have realized otherwise.
depends, my usual daily range is about 1 dkh. I haven't noticed too much of a difference when trying to minimize the daily swing, I just let the system operate and keep the alk above my baseline. I find myself spending too much time analyzing the data from the aquawiz lol

Definitely a lot of insights into your system!
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 29.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new