_DSC9392.JPG

Da8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you lighting it? I see no need to provide light
Sorry for my english.

I meant protecting it from the room/sun light.

As you know usually bacteria are kind of photophobic depending on the strain.

My concoction is just 4 drops of genesis from polyp labs , aminoácids, yeast, sugar and 300ml salted rodi.

Highly oxigenated.

It has a weird smell. Not bad one, just not pleasant to stand.

Add 0.5ml to 400 litre poor dense sps tank

Thanks for the thread. It is a really interesting and valuable topic

OP
OP
coral reeftank

coral reeftank

IG:crt_reefs
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry for my english.

I meant protecting it from the room/sun light.

As you know usually bacteria are kind of photophobic depending on the strain.

My concoction is just 4 drops of genesis from polyp labs , aminoácids, yeast, sugar and 300ml salted rodi.

Highly oxigenated.

It has a weird smell. Not bad one, just not pleasant to stand.

Add 0.5ml to 400 litre poor dense sps tank

Thanks for the thread. It is a really interesting and valuable topic
It is not in direct lighting. How is it working for you?

Da8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just three days used. Very low quantities. Too early to say nothing as im being catious with the dosing (very little amount of corals yet) but the approach of heavy bacterial feeding makes sense to me so i will go on on my own until there is a more studies recipe.

Any advice on my recipe by the way?

Thank you for your time and wokr

Alazo1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting topic. Following along.
My question is regarding the concoction feeding undesirable things that may already be in the tank such a vermitid snails and aptasia. Both of which I have. Has anyone experienced an increase in these while implementing the concoction?. I would think this would be great food for them as well.

OP
OP
coral reeftank

coral reeftank

IG:crt_reefs
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Interesting topic. Following along.
My question is regarding the concoction feeding undesirable things that may already be in the tank such a vermitid snails and aptasia. Both of which I have. Has anyone experienced an increase in these while implementing the concoction?. I would think this would be great food for them as well.
Those opportunistic organisms will always find a way. Berghias are a good solution for an aptasia problem

Stephers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the two last batches, I've tried heating it to 90F. I used what I already had: a seedling heating pad. It's digital and has a probe. I set it to 90F and taped the probe to the glass jar. Laser reading has been reading pretty consistently at 88F. Just another option out there. Response from the corals has been great.

dwhanc00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the two last batches, I've tried heating it to 90F. I used what I already had: a seedling heating pad. It's digital and has a probe. I set it to 90F and taped the probe to the glass jar. Laser reading has been reading pretty consistently at 88F. Just another option out there. Response from the corals has been great.
Thanks for sharing this! Also, do you have your "recipe" you use and how much? My guess is he is keeping his recipe to himself as he develops it for sale... Right now I am using the following mixed in one liter of fresh saltwater: Benepets, reefroids, AF ABEV suite of foods (one days dose), AF Bio S, NP and E, bacto balance, zeobak, zeozym, and my own calcium carbonate derived from sunnyx. My main issue right now is I cannot keep my nutrients down... Running NO3 at 28 and PO4 around .20. I

Moe K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for sharing this! Also, do you have your "recipe" you use and how much? My guess is he is keeping his recipe to himself as he develops it for sale... Right now I am using the following mixed in one liter of fresh saltwater: Benepets, reefroids, AF ABEV suite of foods (one days dose), AF Bio S, NP and E, bacto balance, zeobak, zeozym, and my own calcium carbonate derived from sunnyx. My main issue right now is I cannot keep my nutrients down... Running NO3 at 28 and PO4 around .20. I
That is an excellent mix and should do the job. Just make sure to get some kind of warmer while you mature your batch

Personally I have narrowed down to 3 of the best bottled bacteria to zeobak (expensive), Aquaforest Pro Bio S, and Prodibio Biodigest. The only one I have seen reports of tested by Aquabiomics is Prodibio Biodigest. That stuff is like a mature reef in a bottle and every time I dose a vial alone, my corals fluff up the next day.
Prodibio.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back