Some of my Acro Collection

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you in school for? Let me know if you ever frag that toxic lemonade, I might be interested in a piece.

corey

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CRT Golden Eye, I love the polyps on this one!
_DSC6178.JPG

CRT Nitro Speciosa, This one has crazy PE! One of my favs!
_DSC6186.JPG

_DSC6184-2.JPG

TGC Rainbow Acension
_DSC6302.JPG

GB Fury
_DSC6371.JPG
Are you getting good growth on those speciosa?

OP
OP
coral reeftank

coral reeftank

IG:crt_reefs
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What are you in school for? Let me know if you ever frag that toxic lemonade, I might be interested in a piece.

corey
I’m on my senior year at Princeton studying Operations research and Financial engineering

Are you getting good growth on those speciosa?
great growth on them actually! It was a wild ride with them but I’ve got them stable in my system and awesome now!

Vested

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Checked out your previous post about your radion settings, trying to do some slight conversions from your g5 blue settings to g6 pros. When you have your color settings maxed out from 10-1 ish, is that a very white look or still blueish? Especially with the t5s added just curious if you are having a pretty intense white period during the day or not. If you could post a video sometime of your radions running the test schedule to see the whole timeline that would be super cool.

OP
OP
coral reeftank

coral reeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Checked out your previous post about your radion settings, trying to do some slight conversions from your g5 blue settings to g6 pros. When you have your color settings maxed out from 10-1 ish, is that a very white look or still blueish? Especially with the t5s added just curious if you are having a pretty intense white period during the day or not. If you could post a video sometime of your radions running the test schedule to see the whole timeline that would be super cool.
I’ll try and post one when I’m back. But I would say the color rendition appears similar to 20k radium halides with the radions and t5s on.

For anyone who aims to replicate my lighting I would highly advise you to take advantage of the cloud function. This greatly reduces the chance of the corals bleaching from continuous intense lighting.
The clouds allow the corals to be exposed to very intense par at peak hours (near 600) and allows them to not be overexposed.

Vested

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll try and post one when I’m back. But I would say the color rendition appears similar to 20k radium halides with the radions and t5s on.

For anyone who aims to replicate my lighting I would highly advise you to take advantage of the cloud function. This greatly reduces the chance of the corals bleaching from continuous intense lighting.
The clouds allow the corals to be exposed to very intense par at peak hours (near 600) and allows them to not be overexposed.
Super helpful thank you, going to try the cloud function do you have that 30% chance during the whole day or only peak hours?

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, I find them to be very happy in my systems and very tolerant to many different lighting and flow conditions.

That is awesome !!! There are some good ones popping up online,and they are INSANE. I had to follow you on IG to get my daily dose of amazing lol.

OP
OP
coral reeftank

coral reeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Super helpful thank you, going to try the cloud function do you have that 30% chance during the whole day or only peak hours?
I don’t remember off the top of my head since I can’t connect to mobius while I’m at school, but the main point is to have the cloud coverage during peak hours of light intensity.
Having clouds during the other set points could be beneficial too dependent on other variables and your overall lighting schedule.

OP
OP
coral reeftank

coral reeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
More Eye Candy!

_DSC6476.JPG

WCR Rainbow, this one's hitting a growth spurt

_DSC6473.JPG

TGC Starry Night, I had a massive dinner plate sized colony and a tiny piece stuck to my overflow. It's starting to grow out again now

_DSC6457.JPG

CRT Acromancer Speciosa, The colors on this are so sick!

_DSC6474.JPG

CRT Golden Eye, Super cool tenuis with gold polyps

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back