Some quick Columbus Zoo Shots

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Visited the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium today with the family. Their aquaculture reef looks pretty good. Their older reef displays honestly looked quite pitiful. The “frag” tank is well over grown and the main aquarium with the sharks and other larger reef fish looked meh, just very empty. Anyway just a couple shots (no full shots as it was busy thanks to the christmas light displays):

Not sure what this is, looked like little feather dusters but never seen a growth like this:

IMG_0327.jpeg

Poor guys been beat up some:

IMG_0333.jpeg

0_IMG_0328.jpeg

0_IMG_0340.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That Sohal tang has HLLE. Some of the fish in that system date back to when it opened in the 1990's.

They have some cool propagation work going on behind-the-scenes; Harlequin shrimp, Pomacanthus angels in the past, not sure what they are working on at the moment.

Jay

OP
OP
Reefing102

Reefing102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They seem to be expanding their aquaculture focus. I haven’t done any behind the scenes things though that would be kind of cool

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Roman is really cool. Reach out to him and he would hook you up with a behind the scene tour. He used to be involved with CORA (local club)back in the day when it was small.

corey

OP
OP
Reefing102

Reefing102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Roman is really cool. Reach out to him and he would hook you up with a behind the scene tour. He used to be involved with CORA (local club)back in the day when it was small.

corey
Good to know. I’d love to see CORA more active but I just don’t have the time to contribute much nowadays

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Central Ohio as a whole did. I believe it is mostly on Facebook I believe.
luckily over the past 20 years I have made some great friends from CORA early days and we still communicate just about daily. Love to hang out and chat reef with other people local. Where are you at @Reefing102? @dangles?

corey

dangles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Central Ohio as a whole did. I believe it is mostly on Facebook I believe.
luckily over the past 20 years I have made some great friends from CORA early days and we still communicate just about daily. Love to hang out and chat reef with other people local. Where are you at @Reefing102? @dangles?

corey

I’m about half an hour south of town

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Visited the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium today with the family. Their aquaculture reef looks pretty good. Their older reef displays honestly looked quite pitiful. The “frag” tank is well over grown and the main aquarium with the sharks and other larger reef fish looked meh, just very empty. Anyway just a couple shots (no full shots as it was busy thanks to the christmas light displays):

Not sure what this is, looked like little feather dusters but never seen a growth like this:

IMG_0327.jpeg

Poor guys been beat up some:
looks like some feather dusters stuck to the back wall.
always good to have a public aquarium and some aquaculture going close by would have loved to have that around and to be involved in it.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%

Back