Some tank help

  • Thread starter Thread starter jerl77
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jerl77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 20, 2008
Messages
1,822
Reaction score
394
Location
long island ny
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like my center brace is starting to crack and break anybody got a fix with out breaking down the tank or replacing it ? Maybe
47a73f3d-e2cb-a8ea.jpg
47a73f3d-e2d5-0e7d.jpg
47a73f3d-e2dd-f44b.jpg
some metal steps


I need help catching a rat anybody have some cheese
T5 for life
 
clean off the bracereally well get a piece of acrylic , cut it the same width & Lenght and use weld on glue to secure it. do it when your lights are just turning off
 
I see nothing other than a small crack in the left corner. Not a problem IMO, but fill it with weld on 16 after a thorough cleaning (mentioned above) if you want.
 
IMO, I wouldn't trust Weldon 16. I'd clean it really well and use some Weldon 4 to sister it up with another piece of acrylic. Just make sure to cover the water really well to catch any stray drips. Weldon 4 is a waterlike consistency, so it can get pretty messy.
 
Going to make some new braces out of stainless steel tomm thanks guys and girls
 
Ok cool I got the brackets made going to order a new factory top anybody know how to replace it?


I need help catching a rat anybody have some cheese
T5 for life
 
Got this paint ready to slide over the tank tonight
6c3a298b-09c8-1b02.jpg
6c3a298b-09da-1c60.jpg



I need help catching a rat anybody have some cheese
T5 for life
 
Fits like a glove
47a73f3d-2826-873c.jpg



I need help catching a rat anybody have some cheese
T5 for life
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new