Some Triton Eye Candy from Vincent Thomas

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Slm222

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How often does this test need to happen and if only a couple elements are low do do you correct individual elements?

joefishUC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How often does this test need to happen and if only a couple elements are low do do you correct individual elements?

There is no set frequency for using the ICP test. We recommend using it as a tool to help dial in your parameters. Most people do an initial test if their system has been running for a while. Doing this shows them how their water and what things need to be corrected. Then they often make some system modifications, run detox, new carbon, dilute out some contaminants using a really good salt mix or natural sea water if they have access to it, etc. Then they test again after a month of corrections and see how the changes affected the parameters. Once they are happy with where there levels are at they usually send out water for testing every 3 months or so just to make sure things are on the right course. You could go crazy testing your RO water, tap water, freshly mixed salt water, etc etc. but this is completely up to you and your budget. As for correcting problems, I recommend calling us or email me at [email protected] I am more than happy to answer any questions. There are also some downloads available from the triton-labs.de website. These downloads will guide you in how to address certain problems in the water. You can also ask on this very forum or join our Triton Facebook page. There are some videos on how to get started at triton-us.com as well.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back