Some unique ideas please

DracoKat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
May 12, 2015
Messages
2,787
Reaction score
2,514
Location
Lawnguyland, NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I presently have a FW planted Ehiem 9 gal cube, which I am not loving anymore. I haven't paid attention to it until my dad pointed out that my molly had babies. I had no idea she was pregnant since I don't look anymore! (before you go on about me having a molly in a 9 gal tank, it's there temporarily for my niece).
I have a pair of dwarf puffers that I love, had them for nearly 2 years now. i look in every day to make sure they're still there.

The itch to covert the tank back to SW is there and has been for a long time.. it was a beautiful softy tank before I upgraded. I wish I kept it as SW, but decided to try FW to save costs and such.

Anyway, I've been seriously thinking about dwarf seahorses, but the thought of making live food scares me a bit.. I may try making some for a while to get the hang of it before making my decision on dwarf ponies.

I want to keep the tank low-tech as I had it before with softies and zoas. just the internal filter, some LR (or not much with ponies).
But, what else is out there that's completely unique and different? Could I get a frogfish?
 
Unless you can devote a lot of time to it and are consistently home to feed multiple times a day I would skip the seahorses. They are sensitive and live food is a real pain to feed.

Really, anything requiring live food is more trouble than it is worth if you aren't totally committed.

Interesting and not quite so difficult would be an nonphotosynthetic tank. Sun corals and dendros are easy as are some gorgonians. No need for bright lights, just lots of water changes and feeding.
 
that's what really scaring me about the dwarf ponies.. the feeding. I'd upgrade that tank for the larger ponies that are easier, but I really don't want a bigger tank, lol. my 75 g is large enough to handle!

those corals are good ideas. love sun corals, so pretty.
 
Another option would be a small mantis shrimp. Mantis shrimp are super cool, I used to have one and it was a great pet.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new