Someone Knows that montipora?

Jorsh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please help me to identify my monti, i bought a month ago but i dont know the name!

Thank you

2u93mdj.jpg

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My guess would be Monipora palawensis, possibly "Appleberry Montipora."

OP
OP
Jorsh

Jorsh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, i got a pallawanensis appleberry and it is not the same, i bought it like a blue monti but it turns green, i think that is some kind of confusa but it grows differently

12168_1MsY8y9MZw.jpg

RalphsReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The AE Atlantis you showed the picture of seems to have a more ridged growth pattern around the polyps than the piece you actually have, in my opinion. I think I have seen another monti with similar colors called the "Dinosaur Egg." Perhaps check that one out.

OP
OP
Jorsh

Jorsh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The AE Atlantis you showed the picture of seems to have a more ridged growth pattern around the polyps than the piece you actually have, in my opinion. I think I have seen another monti with similar colors called the "Dinosaur Egg." Perhaps check that one out.

Thank you so much Ralph, i had a colony of dinosaur egg long time ago and the pattern is so diferent, the dinosaur egg seems so similar to appleberry palawanensis but colors are different, i bought my frag from a friend and his colony grows like a plate, i will wait to look its growth

Dinosaur egg
DinosaurEggMontipora15s.jpg

Back