Someone Knows that montipora?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jorsh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jorsh

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 28, 2012
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
Location
Guanajuato
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please help me to identify my monti, i bought a month ago but i dont know the name!

Thank you



2u93mdj.jpg
 
My guess would be Monipora palawensis, possibly "Appleberry Montipora."
 
No, i got a pallawanensis appleberry and it is not the same, i bought it like a blue monti but it turns green, i think that is some kind of confusa but it grows differently

12168_1MsY8y9MZw.jpg
 
The AE Atlantis you showed the picture of seems to have a more ridged growth pattern around the polyps than the piece you actually have, in my opinion. I think I have seen another monti with similar colors called the "Dinosaur Egg." Perhaps check that one out.
 
The AE Atlantis you showed the picture of seems to have a more ridged growth pattern around the polyps than the piece you actually have, in my opinion. I think I have seen another monti with similar colors called the "Dinosaur Egg." Perhaps check that one out.

Thank you so much Ralph, i had a colony of dinosaur egg long time ago and the pattern is so diferent, the dinosaur egg seems so similar to appleberry palawanensis but colors are different, i bought my frag from a friend and his colony grows like a plate, i will wait to look its growth



Dinosaur egg
DinosaurEggMontipora15s.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new