Someone make this stubborn mush latch on

ridgeburyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
19DA5E0F-5567-4872-A9B5-449DE8598A69.jpeg

1 week today he’s been living in this container w rock to attach to, and refuses. Look at him! Living his best life in there! I’m so annoyed haha how do I get this mushroom attached?

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For leathers and Xenia types I do what my girlfriend refereed to a a package wrap. So you have a very loose cross cross putting a slight amount of pressure on the frag cut. May work?

animatedcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
19DA5E0F-5567-4872-A9B5-449DE8598A69.jpeg

1 week today he’s been living in this container w rock to attach to, and refuses. Look at him! Living his best life in there! I’m so annoyed haha how do I get this mushroom attached?
I like to wedge their feet between several pieces of rubble...maybe throw that cup in the sump area too if there’s less flow on there

GaryE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one that was attached to a rock, but decided to detach.. He's back in the jar with a rock. He has ahold of some sand though, so I don't think he wants to bother with the rock.

Any ideas how to get him to let go of the sand ?

animatedcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one that was attached to a rock, but decided to detach.. He's back in the jar with a rock. He has ahold of some sand though, so I don't think he wants to bother with the rock.

Any ideas how to get him to let go of the sand ?
Just scoop him up with the sand and place on a little mound of rubble. It’ll take a couple days maybe but should attach once he finds a spot he’s comfortable in. That’s why I like to use multiple pea size/nickle size pieces all bunched together to give them options. And low/no flow area helps too

GaryE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just scoop him up with the sand and place on a little mound of rubble. It’ll take a couple days maybe but should attach once he finds a spot he’s comfortable in. That’s why I like to use multiple pea size/nickle size pieces all bunched together to give them options. And low/no flow area helps too
I have him in a jar with a nice sized chunk of rock.. sitting on the bottom of the tank, but his foot is folded over on itself holding onto that sand for dear life.

OP
OP
ridgeburyreefer

ridgeburyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha all of you are suggesting great ideas but they all involve me manually placing him into the scenario, I’m new to this, not squeamish whatsoever but how the heck are you directing where these little wadded up slime balls are going? I don’t want to hurt or damage it but it seems I can’t get a grasp on it either

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Patience is the key.
Low flow low light area on rubble in cup. Some are just stubborn took 2 months to get a jawbreaker to finally take hold.
Give it 2 weeks and don't even look at it. Then you can look but don't touch and give it another 2 weeks and should be fine. Don't interrupt it during this time. Shroom looks happy just have to leave it alone.

ssunthar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For leathers and Xenia types I do what my girlfriend refereed to a a package wrap. So you have a very loose cross cross putting a slight amount of pressure on the frag cut. May work?
Interesting... any pics you can share, what material you use to wrap?

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder how much light is being shaded from that blue lid? Maybe it doesn’t want to attach it that dead- spot?

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had to zoom and crop a picture but I hope this clears it up. I just use sewing thead (nothing with dyes)

Lay the thread over the piece and wrap it down and around the plug. When the cross, twist so its 90 degrees and wrap it back to the top and tie it off. You can even give it a bow and make it look fancy like a present on christmas morning.
View recent photos.jpg

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shroom looks happy where its at honestly looks like its acclimating pretty well. I see alot of sand under it.
Id put rubble under the shroom- Bigger pieces that it can securely take foothold too is all id do at this point.

You can get super crazy with it and bury the shroom cap in a little sand on the rubble to help it foot quicker. Dont think any drastic measures are called for here though.
Looks like it wants to attach just gotta get proper substrate under it and allow it to do its thing.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back