Someone please help me choose a color for a stand.

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am building a stand to sit exactly where the tank and stand are now. Approximately what you see now. Except I will be putting on a natural finish teak board top as well as a separate leaf that is 12 inches wide and runs the length of the stand and comes around to the front for a couple of inches.

But I want the body of the stand to be painted. I'm not adverse to something loud or vibrant either.

What color would you put on that, in this space? It's hard to see because of the tanks. But my walls are taupe.

1000004964.jpg

Also, yes that side table looks like a scary place to put a tank. The legs on the current stand are steel braced1/2 for half of their length.

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am building a stand to sit exactly where the tank and stand are now. Approximately what you see now. Except I will be putting on a natural finish teak board top as well as a separate leaf that is 12 inches wide and runs the length of the stand and comes around to the front for a couple of inches.

But I want the body of the stand to be painted. I'm not adverse to something loud or vibrant either.

What color would you put on that, in this space? It's hard to see because of the tanks. But my walls are taupe.

1000004964.jpg

Also, yes that side table looks like a scary place to put a tank. The legs on the current stand are steel braced1/2 for half of their length.
Nice looking pup!

randomfishdude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not the best with colors.
I would say the same ish brown. Maybe a dar brown.
You could also do a gray if you wanted.

Mine has a black stand but my bedroom is also a diffrent color scheme.

Attachments

• 17001972648741862127497656526902.jpg
    17001972648741862127497656526902.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 26
OP
OP
Townes_Van_Camp

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking pup!
Most spoiled bird dog on the planet, Oliver.

He brings me house slippers in lieu of dead varmint interlopers. Which he brings me in lieu of dead pheasant, quail, and grouse (of which there is an absolute lack of here in NE Florida)

randomfishdude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

He brings me house slippers in lieu of dead varmint interlopers. Which he brings me in lieu of dead pheasant, quail, and grouse (of which there is an absolute lack of here in NE Florida)
I would prefer a house slipper over a dead or alive animal.
All my dog brings me is a headache from all the barking and his squeaky toy.

Which he only sqweeks when I'm watching TV or doing something that I don't want other sound.

OP
OP
Townes_Van_Camp

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not the best with colors.
I would say the same ish brown. Maybe a dar brown.
You could also do a gray if you wanted.

Mine has a black stand but my bedroom is also a diffrent color scheme.
I hadn't thought of that. I was leaning towards more un-natural colors. But dark seems to make more sense.

Rubymoon286

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1000004964.jpg

Are the curtains more gold in color or more beige? I think if they are more gold, a dark burnished gold that has a lot of black pigment mixed in could look pretty slick. I'd do like a 60/40 gold to black pigment so it's dark but picks up the gold and other warm highlights in the room.

OP
OP
Townes_Van_Camp

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the curtains more gold in color or more beige? I think if they are more gold, a dark burnished gold that has a lot of black pigment mixed in could look pretty slick. I'd do like a 60/40 gold to black pigment so it's dark but picks up the gold and other warm highlights in the room.
They are more burlap beige with dark maroon as a sesconday and a few cream colored threads as well.

I guess that I should show this also, it sits in the same room on an adjoining wall.
1000003352.jpg

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I was thinking more like lions, he looks a lot like a Rhodesian Ridgeback.

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Personally, I'd go with grey but if you want some color (seems everything goes with taupe) I though this was nice.
Download a free photo editing program .Mask off stand and adj hue,sat, lightness to taste.
fishstand.JPG

fishstand2.JPG

fishstandB.JPG

fishstand3.JPG

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 109 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.4%
Back